`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It finally happened! Shipping Issue

It finally happened! Shipping Issue
I've sold maybe 4 single cards and I was honest in my description saying I shipped in a plain white envelope and now, either someone is trying to dupe me or the post office actually lost the card in the mail. What is the process here? I don't want to roll over and give him his money back. Hell, I started the auction at .99 and shipping as $1.50. I guess I have 2 questions: What do I do with this particular issue? and What do I do in the future to be sure cards arrive? First class? Delivery confirmation?

RE: It finally happened! Shipping Issue
DC helps. PWE are much more likely to be lost in the cracks than bubble mailers. As far as what to do, if the cards are lost you will likely need to refund the buyer, unless you can come up with a comparable replacement.. Good luck.

(11-14-2012, 12:42 PM)mtadams2 Wrote: DC helps. PWE are much more likely to be lost in the cracks than bubble mailers. As far as what to do, if the cards are lost you will likely need to refund the buyer, unless you can come up with a comparable replacement.. Good luck.
+1
You HAVE to get DC to cover yourself. The USPS will lose everything. Ebay will do nothing for you if you don't have tracking on the package. In the future, if you plan on selling on Ebay you have to spend a little money to protect yourself.

Even if you use a PWE, you are still responsible for making sure that the cards are in the same condition that you listed them as. That's one reason why people hate PWE, the cards can get easily damaged. More than likely you will have to eat this one.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

I'll send him the duplicate I have, but what's the best way to do it? Without spending an arm and a leg?

That sucks! Fortunately I have never had anything I sent lost, but I have had items lost that were coming to me. It costs a little more but D.C. and Bubble mailers are the safest way to send without paying for insurance, and if you're selling on Ebay technically the buyer will be paying the cost anyways... might be $3-$4 shipping but I think a buyer would rather pay an extra $2 for shipping than not get their package (assuming that they "buyer" is not trying to scam).

if you were paid via paypal, you are REQUIRED to use DC

(11-14-2012, 01:45 PM)therobertogato Wrote: I'll send him the duplicate I have, but what's the best way to do it? Without spending an arm and a leg?
Just refund him the $2.49 that was paid to you. It seems to be cheaper to do it that way.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

If upfont about it, cool, buyer beware...but why are you still charging $1.50 for shipping then? White envelope, shipping, and presumably a top loader should be about $.60 max.
(11-14-2012, 02:18 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: if you were paid via paypal, you are REQUIRED to use DC
huh? by who? havent sold in a year, but thats news to me.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(11-15-2012, 12:16 AM)charbs1111 Wrote: If upfont about it, cool, buyer beware...but why are you still charging $1.50 for shipping then? White envelope, shipping, and presumably a top loader should be about $.60 max.

need a 65 cent stamp if you write DO NOT BEND on the pwe. 1.50 is not a bad price at all as long as the card makes it to the buyer ok.

(11-15-2012, 12:16 AM)charbs1111 Wrote: If upfont about it, cool, buyer beware...but why are you still charging $1.50 for shipping then? White envelope, shipping, and presumably a top loader should be about $.60 max.

part of the user agreement for a couple years, at least