`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Derek Norris Redemption, Wait or Replace?

Derek Norris Redemption, Wait or Replace?
I just received an email from Topps stating that I have the option to replace my '12 Bowman Platinum Derrik Norris Auto Refractor as I've waited for more than 15 weeks. I don't know too much about Norris, I believe he was called up to the A's this year...? Just wondering if you all think I should wait it out for Mr. Norris, or should I roll the dice on a replacement?

Thanks~
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

RE: Derek Norris Redemption, Wait or Replace?
i would get a replacement.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

I called Topps about a month ago just to check up on my redemptions. I have a Norris one and they said he signed already. I never received it so I'm guessing the guy lied to me. Thanks for reminding me though. I'm gonna call again and ask for a replacement, as should you.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

I got mine from Bowman platinum of him a few Weeks ago.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

I know Norris has signed at least some of his cards. I got my /199 in the mail basically a week after entering the code, but I'm still waiting on the base auto. Hoping to replace it here some time soon.

Other one I'm waiting on is my '11 Platinum Matt Harvey ... can't decide what to do on that one.
Kepler

(11-14-2012, 02:25 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I know Norris has signed at least some of his cards. I got my /199 in the mail basically a week after entering the code, but I'm still waiting on the base auto. Hoping to replace it here some time soon.

Other one I'm waiting on is my '11 Platinum Matt Harvey ... can't decide what to do on that one.
I'm waiting on his base platinum auto. I was also waiting on a Harvey from '11 but got that replaced the day before he got called up. They sent me a Michael Choice auto*sigh*. Wish I would have never got it replaced. Think I would wait on it if I was you, unless you know it's gonna be a while. He seems like he's gonna be decent at worst...just my opinion.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

I'd replace the Norris, but you may get someone worse, knowing Topps.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I got a green refractor auto coming my way. Been pending for a while now.
[Image: rxDwab1.png]
Collector of Yoenis Cespedes, Jose Canseco and other Oakland Athletics of the past and present

I'm waiting on a Norris redemption also. Figure, I've got time to wait, and they could always replace it with a worse card, so why chance it.
I've been waiting for about 1 year for a Ty Cobb relic card to ship .... At least I'm fairly certain that we're not waiting for him to sign the card Smile

Mitch

Ps: does anyone know anything about the redemptions for the Obama/Romney cards? Are they going to send signed cards of the President or a relic of his suit or something?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Don't know why you've been waiting on a relic so long. About the Presidential Predictors, if the candidate on your card won the state listed on your card, you will be entered into a drawing for a manufactured commemorative patch card. For example, if you have an Obama and he won the state on your card, you will be entered into a drawing with all the other people who have that card and entered it. Only one of you will get the patch. Same with Romney cards. Basically, first the candidate must win the state, then you must win the drawing. Not sure when they are doing the drawing.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!