`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
How do you appraise a 1 of 1 sports card?
Bug 
How do you appraise a 1 of 1 sports card?
I was informed that when you receive a serial #D sports card and the serial number matched the players jersey number, it is a 1-of-a-kind or 1 of 1 or 1/1. How would you appraise it?

RE: How do you appraise a 1 of 1 sports card?
Personally I don' t think that they are 1/1's. To me a 1/1 is the only 1/1's out there, lol. To answer your question, it depends on the player, what type of card, the company and what the s/n goes up to. Jordan would bring in a lot more than the average sports player. The jersey number would bring in a higher premium in comparison to another s/n on the card. It usually goes like this as far as value: jersey #, first s/n (ex 1/50) and last s/n.

If you have an example it would help to better explain. If you had a Tom Brady auto #ed to his jersey number, then it could bring in anywhere between $50-100 more than what it normally sells for. If you had a Jeff Blake one, it probably would only bring in a couple extra dollars if any. It all depends really.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

It's not a 1/1 but if you are a supercollector of that guy you'll probadly pay a little more. Not alot more. Depending on the serial number series there may be 4 or more serial numbers of the guys jersey number

13/25
13/99
13/199
13/299,ect.

If that guy told you it's one of a kind and it's a one of one then he's an ebay seller not a collector. Any collector would tell you it's not a one of one unless it says 1/1. There are loads of crappy sellers that sell cards they say are one of one because either it's his jersey number, first or last in series, or any freaky weird mathematical representation they can think of to say it's one of one so some sap can pay more for the card. Sell it as his jersey number but don't say it's a 1/1 it just makes you look stupid.

(11-13-2012, 06:12 PM)durfeecoach1 Wrote: It's not a 1/1 but if you are a supercollector of that guy you'll probadly pay a little more. Not alot more. Depending on the serial number series there may be 4 or more serial numbers of the guys jersey number

13/25
13/99
13/199
13/299,ect.

If that guy told you it's one of a kind and it's a one of one then he's an ebay seller not a collector. Any collector would tell you it's not a one of one unless it says 1/1. There are loads of crappy sellers that sell cards they say are one of one because either it's his jersey number, first or last in series, or any freaky weird mathematical representation they can think of to say it's one of one so some sap can pay more for the card. Sell it as his jersey number but don't say it's a 1/1 it just makes you look stupid.
+1 I love jersey numbered cards, but they're not 1/1's so if it's priced crazy, I have no problems moving on to the next card. Don't need them that bad.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

it is in no way shape or form a 1 of 1.

Definitely not a 1/1. By the logic of the 1/?? being a "1/1" then really every serial numbered card should be a "1/1" as there will only be one 2/??, one 3/?? etc
Collecting: Miles Burris ~ Howie Long ~ Tyvon Branch ~ Stefen Wisniewski ~ Lamarr Houston ~ Rod Streater ~ Rhett Ellison

R G 3 Dual AutoWill this Card # 30 of 30 increase in Value of RG 3

that is what you call a Ebay 1/1 not a true 1/1

Some reason people think that a card #'d out of the players jersey number is supposed to be worth more or is special in some way.

Technically according to ebay every single numbered card is a 1/1 because there is only 1 of that specific number for instance ( # 150 ) etc... It's just a way for the scalpers to get more money by trying to fool those who are less knowledgeable.

(11-13-2012, 10:06 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: that is what you call a Ebay 1/1 not a true 1/1

Some reason people think that a card #'d out of the players jersey number is supposed to be worth more or is special in some way.

Technically according to ebay every single numbered card is a 1/1 because there is only 1 of that specific number for instance ( # 150 ) etc... It's just a way for the scalpers to get more money by trying to fool those who are less knowledgeable.
I don't think I've ever heard of Ebay referencing s/n items as 1/1's. It's only been sellers trying to do that.

Actually people do put a higher premium on s/n cards that have the players number on it. It's the same reason why some cards are worth more than others. It's supply and demand. It also depends on what the card is worth to that individual. BV is just a guide, but people should go buy sell value because that's what really counts, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(11-13-2012, 10:13 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: I don't think I've ever heard of Ebay referencing s/n items as 1/1's. It's only been sellers trying to do that.

Actually people do put a higher premium on s/n cards that have the players number on it. It's the same reason why some cards are worth more than others. It's supply and demand. It also depends on what the card is worth to that individual. BV is just a guide, but people should go buy sell value because that's what really counts, lol.
I don't think they were saying EBay classifies it that way. An eBay 1/1 is a reference to a seller who suggests a 1/1 for whatever reason. I've seen an eBay 1/1 like this-

135/250 - 1/1!! He had 135 yards rushing last week!!!! 1/1

Or - 135/259 - he was #13 in college, now he's #35 in pros!!! 1/1!!!

Those are "eBay 1/1's"

[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]