`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Delivery Confirmation Question/Issue

Delivery Confirmation Question/Issue
Ok so... Since I became an active trader on here, on significant trades I've always made sure to include DC. When I'd go to the shipping store and asked for DC they'd always put like a neon green sticker on the envelope and give me a receipt with the DC #. To me thats normal.

So on Oct. 5th I went to the same shipping store that I always use, ask for DC, this time they put a darker green sticker on it... I also notice there are 2 new clerks and the owners/family that usually ran it have not been around. As it turns out, this package completely disappears off the face of the earth. Due to my being a little confused about what happened in the trade, I misplaced the receipt so I never could find out what actually happened.

Anyways... A week or so ago I go to send off some other trades, this time the other clerk tells me I don't need a DC, I insist but he says it'd be pointless and insists I don't need it. Like WTF... These packages should be there any day now so we'll see what happens there, nothing seems odd yet in regards to if they make it there or not so we'll see.

Then today I go to mail off a few more trades. The same guy from the 5th is the clerk that assists me, I ask for DC and he says ok. Only this time he puts no sticker on the envelope. I ask why no sticker and he says it shows up in the barcode. He gives me my purchase receipt only he doesn't give me a DC receipt with the confirmation number. I ask wheres my receipt with my DC number and he has this confused look on his face and realizes he screwed up or something and then writes my DC number on a piece of paper and gives it to me.

So I guess my question is, are there various forms of DC, should I not be alarmed? Is this normal? If not and this is fishy, what would you suggest I do? When the owners ran the store I never had one issue, the same good experience every time. Now with these new clerks, I'm seriously considering going elsewhere. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

RE: Delivery Confirmation Question/Issue
(11-12-2012, 08:17 PM)shaunbaus Wrote: Ok so... Since I became an active trader on here, on significant trades I've always made sure to include DC. When I'd go to the shipping store and asked for DC they'd always put like a neon green sticker on the envelope and give me a receipt with the DC #. To me thats normal.

So on Oct. 5th I went to the same shipping store that I always use, ask for DC, this time they put a darker green sticker on it... I also notice there are 2 new clerks and the owners/family that usually ran it have not been around. As it turns out, this package completely disappears off the face of the earth. Due to my being a little confused about what happened in the trade, I misplaced the receipt so I never could find out what actually happened.

Anyways... A week or so ago I go to send off some other trades, this time the other clerk tells me I don't need a DC, I insist but he says it'd be pointless and insists I don't need it. Like WTF... These packages should be there any day now so we'll see what happens there, nothing seems odd yet in regards to if they make it there or not so we'll see.

Then today I go to mail off a few more trades. The same guy from the 5th is the clerk that assists me, I ask for DC and he says ok. Only this time he puts no sticker on the envelope. I ask why no sticker and he says it shows up in the barcode. He gives me my purchase receipt only he doesn't give me a DC receipt with the confirmation number. I ask wheres my receipt with my DC number and he has this confused look on his face and realizes he screwed up or something and then writes my DC number on a piece of paper and gives it to me.

So I guess my question is, are there various forms of DC, should I not be alarmed? Is this normal? If not and this is fishy, what would you suggest I do? When the owners ran the store I never had one issue, the same good experience every time. Now with these new clerks, I'm seriously considering going elsewhere. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Either go to the post office or better yet use paypal shipping. It costs less including D/C & the postal carrier will pick up from your home, can't get any better than that.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Shipping from home would be great only I don't have a printer so thats not an option at the moment, might have to get a printer though at some point (probably when I quit spending all my money on baseball cards lol). The Post Office is generally much busier and a somewhat considerable further distance away at least in my town. Was thinking of switching to a UPS store thats even closer than the store I typically use. Just sad because I do really like the owners, they have always been good. But these clerks they hired while they've been away seem clueless and terrible. Any thoughts on the way these clerks are handling things, like do they seem pretty shady to anyone else?

You can get a cheap printer for $30.00 and you will make that money back in no time if you sell or trade alot.. What is it for DC at the store like 80 cent right? Paypal is 19 cent so at 61 cent a deal add the gas you will be saving from making trips to the store.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Need to buy a printer -- it will save you a lot of money, hassle, and headaches. With the holidays coming up you should be able to find a good deal on a quality printer. Amazon offers free shipping on qualifying orders over $25 and I believe BestBuy.com will offer free shipping as the holidays get closer.

Just think... if you ship using PayPal it will cost you $1.64 w/free DC for packages 3 oz. or less. By comparison if you go to the post office it will cost you $1.95 to ship a package of the same weight PLUS an additional $0.85 cents for DC. You'd save more than $1 every time you ship if you go through PayPal.

Buy a printer!

(11-12-2012, 08:37 PM)shaunbaus Wrote: Shipping from home would be great only I don't have a printer so thats not an option at the moment, might have to get a printer though at some point (probably when I quit spending all my money on baseball cards lol). The Post Office is generally much busier and a somewhat considerable further distance away at least in my town. Was thinking of switching to a UPS store thats even closer than the store I typically use. Just sad because I do really like the owners, they have always been good. But these clerks they hired while they've been away seem clueless and terrible. Any thoughts on the way these clerks are handling things, like do they seem pretty shady to anyone else?
When the clerks say you don't need DC or can't provide a printed receipt thats enough to keep me from giving them my business. 1 lost card of a decent value may be enough to pay for a basic printer.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

lol... Check, buy a printer. and a scanner! So I can upload pics. lol... Whats everyones thoughts and opinions of these clerks? Should I keep giving the nice owners my business because I'm overblowing things at least til I get a printer, should I ask to speak to them about these clerks, or should I completely abandon them and just go elsewhere til I have a printer and can take care of things myself?
(11-12-2012, 09:28 PM)krn001 Wrote: When the clerks say you don't need DC or can't provide a printed receipt thats enough to keep me from giving them my business. 1 lost card of a decent value may be enough to pay for a basic printer.
Yea for sure. I keep going back hoping to see the owners because I know they'll take care of me but they seem to be out of the picture at the moment. They used to have their son as the clerk but he must have went off to college or something and they must have decided to relax a bit and let their new employees handle things. I dunno, but today was definitly the last straw. Not worth the risk. Its just frustrating because this mom and pop type store, like a good LCS, you wanna give em your business and what not; but these new employees are really jeopardizing that.

I would stop giving them your money immediately. The USPS is going to free DC in January anyway. But like others have said, buy a printer and use it. It's discounted if you ship through paypal from the post office as well. So, a package that costs $1.95 at the post office would cost $1.64 at USPS. com.

For the first year, it was costing $2.80 to ship anything. It would be $1.95 for shipping and 85 cents for DC. But then I bought a printer and it costs $1.64 everytime. Now the big expense is buying bubble mailers at 64 cents apiece.

Anyway, good luck with future shipments and stay away from the clueless ones where you are currently going.

(11-12-2012, 09:42 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Now the big expense is buying bubble mailers at 64 cents apiece.
I would recommend buying whatever size you want in bulk; drops the price down to about 8 cents per bubble mailer.
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

(11-12-2012, 11:41 PM)Texan1985 Wrote: I would recommend buying whatever size you want in bulk; drops the price down to about 8 cents per bubble mailer.
I was going to say this as well and I think I received a steal as mine were 6 cents each for 500 of the 8x4 envelopes.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]