`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
# of Jordan RC = 4???

# of Jordan RC = 4???
Okay, I was looking though old Becketts because I was bored and I came across the August issue #240. They have an article about the dream team, in there they list the players and cards. Under MJ here is the list.

Total cards – 10,953
# of Mem – 1,445
# of AU – 1,349
# of SER – 4,115

And the one I have a question about
# of RC – 4

4?? They only ones I can come up with are
1984-85 Star
1985 NIKE
1986 Fleer
What would the other one be?? The 1985 Prism-Jewel Sticker???
What do you guys think?
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

RE: # of Jordan RC = 4???
the star rc is considered an XRC. The 86-87 Fleer is his only true basketball rookie. I'd bet a good chunk of change his other "rookies" are baseball. I have a true baseball rc of MJ myself. Would much rather have the basketball one though!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(11-11-2012, 12:09 AM)buckunteer Wrote: the star rc is considered an XRC. The 86-87 Fleer is his only true basketball rookie. I'd bet a good chunk of change his other "rookies" are baseball. I have a true baseball rc of MJ myself. Would much rather have the basketball one though!
I wonder what they are trying to consider the 4 RC’s…Never thought about Baseball. What is his true Baseball RC? The UD CC??

Curiosity got the better of me. Just searched "Michael Jordan rc" on here. He had four true RCs listed: 86-87 Fleer, 94 Collector's Choice, 94 Upper Deck, and 1994 Fun Pack?? No idea what fun pack is, but it's another baseball rookie apparently.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(11-11-2012, 12:30 AM)buckunteer Wrote: Curiosity got the better of me. Just searched "Michael Jordan rc" on here. He had four true RCs listed: 86-87 Fleer, 94 Collector's Choice, 94 Upper Deck, and 1994 Fun Pack?? No idea what fun pack is, but it's another baseball rookie apparently.
Okay, thanks!

So that's it then. Fleer and the 3 Baseball RC's.

Just looked up the 1994 Fun pack...How the...That is not a RC. I don't get Beckett sometimes.

i would guess it would bee the Fleer Sticker Rookie...?

Here are the cards Beckett says fall into the "RC" definition:
1986-87 Fleer #57
1994 Collector's Choice #661
1994 Fun Pack #170
1994 Upper Deck #19

Technically, they are correct, but people that collect Topps baseball are already familiar with this question. With only one company allowed to produce baseball cards, how can a player have 10+ RCs? Until the definition changes, we will be dealing with this. I like the idea that each company can put out one RC per player. I do not like this "1 RC per set" notion. If a company has 10+ sets under its name and produces 10+ RCs, they become a pain to collect...and not because they are scarce and worth anything.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(11-11-2012, 11:25 AM)jonathani Wrote: Here are the cards Beckett says fall into the "RC" definition:
1986-87 Fleer #57
1994 Fun Pack #170
1994 Upper Deck #19

Technically, they are correct, but people that collect Topps baseball are already familiar with this question. With only one company allowed to produce baseball cards, how can a player have 10+ RCs? Until the definition changes, we will be dealing with this. I like the idea that each company can put out one RC per player. I do not like this "1 RC per set" notion. If a company has 10+ sets under its name and produces 10+ RCs, they become a pain to collect...and not because they are scarce and worth anything.
I like to collect Bowman sets for baseball. In years past this was where the true rookie was. Now...the true rookie is damn everywhere. Bowman has almost lost its allure. It also did not help that 2012 Bowman base did not have a Harper rookie(I understand why that is).
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(11-11-2012, 11:25 AM)jonathani Wrote: Here are the cards Beckett says fall into the "RC" definition:
1986-87 Fleer #57
1994 Fun Pack #170
1994 Upper Deck #19

I agree. Then you get into the question of all the variations per set.
base, auto, jersey, jersey/auto, patch, patch/auto, base/auto, dual jersey, dual/auto, dual patch, dual patch/auto.......
Then each of those have different "levels" of serial numbering...
/999, /499, /199, /99, /49, /25, /10, /5, /1
My goodness...out of one product a player might have over 100 "RC-cards". Then multiply that by the 10+ products that come out??
Um...something is wrong.
Bring back the olden days when there was one or two RC cards!
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/