Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
What a disaster...+ shout out to dontpray

RE: What a disaster...+ shout out to dontpray
Would u trade the castro?
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected. Sweet rip card!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Must have been a terrible experience, glad you made it out ok!!! Sweet hamilton too!! Kinda like a post-hurricane cheer up gift
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Will be praying for you and when the dust settles I am interested in just the redemption card of Castro not the pants but the card itself. Thanks and our prayers will be with you.

(11-09-2012, 05:21 PM)ja1091 Wrote: I just got my power back about an hour ago, after going about 12 days without it. Hurricane Sandy was probably the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life. When the storm was happening, my cousins got taken out of their house by an army truck because they're house was filling up with water very quickly. It was a while and they hadn't arrived at my house. I went walking in almost 5 feet of water to look for them. Finally found them and was able to help them to my house. This was extremely scary, it was windy, there were power lines down, and the water was rising, but I eventually got to them. They had phones but there was absolutely no service. The army truck got stuck and couldn't go anywhere else. We were all safe but soon after we got to my house, power was lost. I waited days for it to come back on, sleeping with a sweater, jacket, jeans, and 2 pairs of socks do to the cold weather. Luckily, my house didn't get a lot of water. It barely came into my house. 3 houses on my side of the block and 3 on the other didn't get flooded. The rest of the block did. I say about 80% of peoples cars in my neighborhood were totaled from the storm. Once again, I was lucky and my car survived. This was just a crazy week and I hope I never have to re-live this. I know I came away from this, mostly untouched and minimal damage. I feel for those who didn't have the same luck.

Also want to give a shout out to dontpray for understanding what is happening. We agreed to a trade a couple days before the storm and I was never able to get my end out...actually a good thing I didn't as the drop off mailboxes were completely covered in water. I will definitely ship by Monday. I got my end which was something I always wanted, a rip card! Here's a pic of what I got in it. Also some pics of the neighborhood, just took a few. You really cant tell the devastation but believe me, it is bad.

Thanks again dontpray, and I hope everyone else is doing well and survived this terrible storm!

[Image: ripcard.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-01_15-15-08_394.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_14-36-03_755.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_14-35-36_712.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_14-32-55_505.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_12-21-51_168.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_12-10-22_276.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_08-54-43_311.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_08-54-02_551.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_08-53-47_335.jpg]

(11-09-2012, 11:08 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: Would u trade the castro?
Yes I would, not sure what value to put on it though.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

(11-09-2012, 07:22 PM)davidanthony2k Wrote: 12 days is nothing compared to what I went through during Hurricane Hugo back in 89. i was without power for a good solid 3 weeks! I would have killed for it to have been 12 days! MAN UP!
Thats just foolish, Id much rather be unable to use my cassette deck, nintendo, vhs player and 19 inch TV in 1989 than be out a PC, smartphone, PS3 and 60 inch plasma in 2012. Is that avatar your children? You dont even look like you were born yet in 1989?
To the OP, Im glad your ok and glad your lucky enough to still have a car and a house that is in livable condition, and I hope the same for everyone else here at beckett that is in that area.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

(11-09-2012, 07:22 PM)davidanthony2k Wrote: 12 days is nothing compared to what I went through during Hurricane Hugo back in 89. i was without power for a good solid 3 weeks! I would have killed for it to have been 12 days! MAN UP!
Did I really just read this???

(11-11-2012, 03:03 PM)toddaray Wrote: Thats just foolish, Id much rather be unable to use my cassette deck, nintendo, vhs player and 19 inch TV in 1989 than be out a PC, smartphone, PS3 and 60 inch plasma in 2012. Is that avatar your children? You dont even look like you were born yet in 1989?
To the OP, Im glad your ok and glad your lucky enough to still have a car and a house that is in livable condition, and I hope the same for everyone else here at beckett that is in that area.
Picture is me and buddy back in 93. And btw, the things you mentioned from 89 were just as useful/important as the updated items you mentioned. I was 13 at the time and not being able to play Nintendo WAS the worst part about Hugo to me at the time!

You traded for an unripped card, opened it, and got the Castro pants? Or you traded for the ripped card already knowing what was inside?
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(11-13-2012, 10:23 AM)acevanquish Wrote: You traded for an unripped card, opened it, and got the Castro pants? Or you traded for the ripped card already knowing what was inside?
Traded for the unripped card...ripped it when I received it.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs