`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on GRADE for this MJ rookie please...ADDED NEW PIC!!!!

Opinions on GRADE for this MJ rookie please...ADDED NEW PIC!!!!
Try and do the best with the pic provided please, ipad photo...sorry.

[Image: photo.jpg]

[Image: photo-1.jpg]

Not sure about sending it in because i would like to go for the set in raw/mint condition..looks better IMO.

SURFACE is flawless if you can't tell by the pic...trust me, I have high standardsSmile

Opinions on these areas:

CENTERING: ?

EDGES: ?

CORNERS:?

Overall front: ?

Overall back: ?

OVERALL GRADE:????

Thanks guys!!

RE: Opinions on GRADE for this MJ rookie please...
Centering 8.5
Edges 9.5
Corners 9
Surface 8.5

Overall grade: a strong BGS 8.5+++
They grade the back for surface as well. And there is a very noticeable print dot above the Chicago Bulls logo. You'd be lucky to get a 9 on surface with that, so I'm playing it safe saying 8.5 on surface... Hope I'm wrong though! Cause that would give u a BGS 9

not sure if its the scans, very hard to tell with scans, but the edges and corners look to be alot worse then 9.5/9. im guessing around an 8.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

I would guess an 8/8.5 on the edges... appears to have a lot of white near the top.. almost looks like the card was trimmed/shaved.. but I can not tell for sure.. because of the not so good picture...

top left corner looks a little weird.. so I put a lower score.. but again, hard to tell by picture.

Centering 9
Edges 8.5
Corners 8.5
Surface 8.5

Overall grade: 8.5

I would suggest sending it in anyways.. so you can get it authenticated at least.. that way you know it is real.. & is easier to sell if you ever decide to in the future... I have a complete set, all in toploaders, except the main stars in magentic holders.. The MJ I have was one I had since I was a kid, which has rounded corners & a pin hole near the top.. It is holding the place in my set until I can get myself a graded MJ RC...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Edges look gem to me fellas... That little bit of white u see us just the way it was cut. Beautiful card. It's gotta get at least an 8-8.5... More likely an 8.5

Thanks guys. Yea, I'll try to get a better pic, these pics do not help. It looks better than my 8.5. So I'm guessing 9.
Here is a better pic. Wish I had scanner capabilities.

[Image: photo.jpg]

RE: Opinions on GRADE for this MJ rookie please...ADDED NEW PIC!!!!
Centering - 9
Corners - 9
Edges - 9
Surface - 9.5

I think it looks like a solid Mint 9 and I agree with you about leaving it raw. Although I collect lots of BGS 9.5 cards, I personally like the look of Raw cards in One-Touch Jewel cases a lot more. Especially if you're set collecting and want the uniformity.

Good luck either way!

(11-10-2012, 07:52 AM)rare23air83 Wrote: Centering - 9
Corners - 9
Edges - 9
Surface - 9.5

I think it looks like a solid Mint 9 and I agree with you about leaving it raw. Although I collect lots of BGS 9.5 cards, I personally like the look of Raw cards in One-Touch Jewel cases a lot more. Especially if you're set collecting and want the uniformity.

Good luck either way!
Thanks Rare for chiming in. I've followed your stuff for quite sometime and I value your opinion greatly as well.

I think everyone that has opinionated their input came out pretty close and what I somewhat expected, but I, like you, leaning towards more in the 9 area...

I paid 600 for it from a reputable dealer and a great guy that I've know forever at that in hopes that it would be at least a 9. Thats more than double profit if I grade it, comes back a 9 and resell for 1400+++) Smile

I agree with Rare, it looks like a solid 9.

still confused about the front top left corner, what does it look like it person?
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]