`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2012 Cards to Hold on to

2012 Cards to Hold on to
I primarily collect Topps Chrome, I'm still sort've new at this. My questions is which 2012 cards are anticipated to be valuable years down the road e.g. Andrew Luck, RG, etc.

Any insight you could provide me would be appreciated.

RE: 2012 Cards to Hold on to
(11-09-2012, 08:20 AM)dantanahawaii Wrote: I primarily collect Topps Chrome, I'm still sort've new at this. My questions is which 2012 cards are anticipated to be valuable years down the road e.g. Andrew Luck, RG, etc.

Any insight you could provide me would be appreciated.
collect the player(s) you like. that is the best advice i can give you. if you are thinking about collecting as an investment (lol) you will drive yourself nuts. a $100 rg3 card today might only be worth $12 in 5 years and a $8 t.y. hilton card could be $400 in 15 years. SO COLLECT PLAYERS YOU LIKE!!
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

(11-09-2012, 08:42 AM)lecreccio Wrote: collect the player(s) you like. that is the best advice i can give you. if you are thinking about collecting as an investment (lol) you will drive yourself nuts. a $100 rg3 card today might only be worth $12 in 5 years and a $8 t.y. hilton card could be $400 in 15 years. SO COLLECT PLAYERS YOU LIKE!!
Thanks for the advice.

Another question. How do you get the autographed cards? Are those just randomly inserted into the Topps chrome packs or is there a specific set you need to buy?
(11-09-2012, 08:42 AM)lecreccio Wrote: collect the player(s) you like. that is the best advice i can give you. if you are thinking about collecting as an investment (lol) you will drive yourself nuts. a $100 rg3 card today might only be worth $12 in 5 years and a $8 t.y. hilton card could be $400 in 15 years. SO COLLECT PLAYERS YOU LIKE!!
Another question. How do you get the autographed cards? Are those just randomly inserted into the Topps chrome packs or is there a specific set you need to buy?

they are randomly inserted into packs. every box usually has the odds of finding a auto printed on the box. so you'll know what to expect the box to yield.
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

(11-09-2012, 10:35 AM)lecreccio Wrote: they are randomly inserted into packs. every box usually has the odds of finding a auto printed on the box. so you'll know what to expect the box to yield.
You'll have to excuse my dumb question but still learning the ropes. What is finding an "Auto Printed on the Box"? is this something that's an indicator that theres an autographed card in the box?

Boxes usually say "Guaranteed 4 auto/mem in this box" mem being jersey card.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

agree with the collect what you like but for me personally I put together a complete base set of all the Rc's and then any duplicate QB, RB,WR, or TE's that I get I put in a storage box and mark the box with the year. Basically those are the 4 positions that if anyone hits it big will bring you the best return. Historically even if a guy blows up on defense or one of the lines their stuff doesn't see a huge jump in value.

That said outside of your top 1 or 2 guys like RG3 and Luck this year don't expect any of the base stuff to increase that much in value. The value is in the short print / run autos which to be honest go for a pretty penny on the secondary market and it's hard to buy from there then flip them for a profit because what you pay on the market is probably the peak value that it will see.