`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Keep Pulling Too Many Autos of Anthony Davis!

RE: I Keep Pulling Too Many Autos of Anthony Davis!
(11-09-2012, 09:39 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Well with the first three games, I won't put the blame on him (meaning it wasn't really his play), but when Stuckey only shoots 1 for 23 (or 27, can't remember), that's horrible. 1) It's missed field goals, but 2) with nobody scoring from the perimeter, people were going hard on Monroe.

The last two games, it's been rebounding issues and porous defense.

And this isn't a problem now, but it will be if not addressed soon. Max has been playing great...for Max. But he's a backup PF, not starter quality. Eventually we need to start Drummond at C and Monroe at PF. That will be the defensive presence we need, because our guards can't seem to stay in front of their man. Also, I'd love to see Jerebko starting over Prince. I love Prince, I do, but he's not starter quality anymore. He's lost more than a step and never been very offensive. I think he'd be best in limited minutes. Believe me, I could go on and on all day about what this team needs to do. I don't necessarily put everything on Frank though, but if he starts 0-16 like he did in NJ, he needs to get out. Smile
Very good, sir.

(11-09-2012, 09:39 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Well with the first three games, I won't put the blame on him (meaning it wasn't really his play), but when Stuckey only shoots 1 for 23 (or 27, can't remember), that's horrible. 1) It's missed field goals, but 2) with nobody scoring from the perimeter, people were going hard on Monroe.

The last two games, it's been rebounding issues and porous defense.

And this isn't a problem now, but it will be if not addressed soon. Max has been playing great...for Max. But he's a backup PF, not starter quality. Eventually we need to start Drummond at C and Monroe at PF. That will be the defensive presence we need, because our guards can't seem to stay in front of their man. Also, I'd love to see Jerebko starting over Prince. I love Prince, I do, but he's not starter quality anymore. He's lost more than a step and never been very offensive. I think he'd be best in limited minutes. Believe me, I could go on and on all day about what this team needs to do. I don't necessarily put everything on Frank though, but if he starts 0-16 like he did in NJ, he needs to get out. Smile
I definitely agree with your points on Maxiell, and that Drummond should start at C and Monroe at the 4, or vice-versa, doesn't matter in today's NBA much anymore who starts the 5. Definitely agree that Jerebko should start over Prince but I just don't see them demoting Prince like that. He's the last 1 standing from that 04 championship team and could've left but never did. It'd be really stand up of him if he'd tell coach to start Jerebko or someone else over him, but I doubt that'll happen. Jerebko hustles every play and can score, even has 3-pt range. He plays with a lot of heart, he should start. Monroe is your anchor, he's such a beast. I recall him having a triple double the other night, first since Billups did it in like 04 or something..

Stuckey had a phenomenal first few seasons for you guys, he was the real deal. But I'm not sure if it's injuries or what but he hasn't been the same. I think you guy's should've been done traded him while you could've gotten some value for him. I'm not sure what you could get for him now, but I really think you should part ways. Brandon Knight is the starting point. BTW, what's up with him? He's off to a slow start to the season, I mean his #s are ok but definitely thought they'd be better. He's on my fantasy team, hehe
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(11-10-2012, 12:14 AM)vgqv Wrote: I definitely agree with your points on Maxiell, and that Drummond should start at C and Monroe at the 4, or vice-versa, doesn't matter in today's NBA much anymore who starts the 5. Definitely agree that Jerebko should start over Prince but I just don't see them demoting Prince like that. He's the last 1 standing from that 04 championship team and could've left but never did. It'd be really stand up of him if he'd tell coach to start Jerebko or someone else over him, but I doubt that'll happen. Jerebko hustles every play and can score, even has 3-pt range. He plays with a lot of heart, he should start. Monroe is your anchor, he's such a beast. I recall him having a triple double the other night, first since Billups did it in like 04 or something..

Stuckey had a phenomenal first few seasons for you guys, he was the real deal. But I'm not sure if it's injuries or what but he hasn't been the same. I think you guy's should've been done traded him while you could've gotten some value for him. I'm not sure what you could get for him now, but I really think you should part ways. Brandon Knight is the starting point. BTW, what's up with him? He's off to a slow start to the season, I mean his #s are ok but definitely thought they'd be better. He's on my fantasy team, hehe
What I think needs to be done with this season is let the vets play in hopes of getting trade value for them, even if it's a few picks. Maxiell, Villanueva, Daye, Maggette and Bynum will be off the books this year. That's 1/3 of the team. Knight (20), Monroe (21), Drummond (19), English (22?), Singler (23?), Prince (32), Middleton (22), Stuckey (26), Kravtsov (25) and Jerebko (24). "One of these just don't belong..." lol. If we could trade Prince even, next season we'll probably be the youngest team in the league and everyone of them can run.

As far as Knight, I think it's a multitude of things. If you notice, he's been less error prone but still needs to work on it. If you watch the games, he actually plays worse than what his number suggest. There was one game recently where he had like 5 AST, 2 TO, and like 13 PTS, but if you were to watch him, the assists were ugly, should have probably had 6 TO, and was only like 4/10. But he's only 20 and I'm not expecting him to be Chris Paul. We mainly need him to keep the TO down and be our perimeter threat. Stuckey is the slasher, we don't need two of them.

We have the pieces to make it to the playoffs, but I think there's something behind the scenes going on to try and trade a few people. I do fear what they'll do with the money in the offseason though. We should have somewhere in the neighborhood of 25M available. Last time that happened (gulp) we signed Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Gentlemen, this is the hostage negotiator, let's stop hijacking my thread and start talking about how awesome my Davis auto is again, so that someone will trade me a Kyrie Irving auto for it. LOL

(11-10-2012, 02:41 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Gentlemen, this is the hostage negotiator, let's stop hijacking my thread and start talking about how awesome my Davis auto is again, so that someone will trade me a Kyrie Irving auto for it. LOL
I thought the policy was to not negotiate with terrorists?????

lol. Sorry dude, just shows how much I love basketball, especially the Pistons. If I had an Irving AU, thought I don't like "da unibrow", I'd do it. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Wish I had that problem
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(11-11-2012, 08:02 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: Wish I had that problem
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is ... Kyrie Irving ... sorry, just had to reference the SNL skit.

lmao, love that skit
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(11-12-2012, 07:25 PM)vgqv Wrote: lmao, love that skit
Yep, would love to have Ferrell, Sandler, etc., back on SNL

I've just got to say this...I think the Davis Hardwood is no longer available.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.