`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I know I'm new here but...

RE: I know I'm new here but...
Your not completely off man. Some people do mark them up to try and make their cards worth more. But yes there are quite a few people here that do still have cards in the organize from the default a couple years ago including myself. So you could just ask that person to bring it down to nrmt or just keep it in mind.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

I propose hundreds of more trades then I actually end up completing and I have also come across a few that seem to keep some of their cards at mint even though you can select your entire collection at once and mark them as 8 NM/MT.

When trading with someone that has all his stuff or most or whatever as mint then in turn crank your cards to mint or as previous people have said just ask them about it. I have done both, but if I do mark my cards up to mint like that I will take a good look at my cards before I accept the trade. You will find a few stubborn traders even with the ones that have hundreds of completed trades.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

Thanks guys, I wasn't trying to bash anyone or talk bad about anything... It was more of an observation.. Btw that Alstott is still Available, the trade fell through on it.. if your still interested in trying something that is Wink
Photobucket

Sometimes, on cards with patches (this only affects cards where the print run offers single color patches) with a nice multi-colored patch, the trader may want a little more of a premium. If you have a $10 BV card with an all black patch /50 the and the same card with black/red/orange /50. Do you really feel they should hold the same exact value?

I feel like what you just said Xarchmadanx, is true, but then again there's a comment section, and i feel like something like that should be said there, and as i was saying before, if im looking through someones org and i see a couple mints, im not gonna pay much attention to it because those are probably the really nice cards that for whatever reason the person deems more valuable.. if the entire collection is Mint, then i start to scratch my head. But what FT28jags and Nthnoak said about having the cards in there for a long time, that's understandable now.
Photobucket

(11-08-2012, 05:28 PM)Nuralius Wrote: I saw a couple cards I'm Interested in, However there are 4 trades for that inparticular card atm, and I'm going in order from the first person to trade me for it, to the last. The first guy has a TON of cards for my PC just waiting for him to respond with a counteroffer, so if that doesn't pan out ill work on the other trades, so for now we play the waiting game, I need to get other people time to offer.. I didn't know there was this much hype around Richardson, but i guess everyone wants him! lol
ok--np. if u would lmk if it goes in another deal either by pm or by just cancelling the deal--tc

FLICKR

Email:
mike_pekar@yahoo.com

I don't see how it matters. If there cards are listed @ mint for a total of $20, and yours are listed @ NR-MINT with a total of $17.50, then its an even trade. (Those proportions are approximations)

If the other trader is saying he wants to trade his cards @ Mint price for your @ Nr-Mint, then that's probably not a good person to trade with.

Unless it's graded, the whole Mint vs. Nr-Mint should be ignored unless your trading a $40 card that has a peeling corner(or something like that) for another $40 card that's Mint. That would piss me off if they didn't let me know about any serious flaws.

Also, if it's a vintage card, I could see how that comes into play
[Image: scan0058-2-1.jpg][/URL]
[Image: scan0049-1_zpsa96ce2c3.jpg][/URL]

(11-08-2012, 05:06 PM)ft28jags Wrote: the marking of mint for some of us (myself included) was default, as my cards were in the system before the designation became available. Most of mine should be mint/nmint.
+1
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

I still don't see how previous default to mint matters when you can change your entire collection with a few clicks of the mouse to nm/mt. Then again I think I'm more OCD when it comes to being accurate than others.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(11-08-2012, 05:40 PM)xarchmadanx Wrote: Sometimes, on cards with patches (this only affects cards where the print run offers single color patches) with a nice multi-colored patch, the trader may want a little more of a premium. If you have a $10 BV card with an all black patch /50 the and the same card with black/red/orange /50. Do you really feel they should hold the same exact value?
Good point about the patches, and something I never thought of.
Collecting: Miles Burris ~ Howie Long ~ Tyvon Branch ~ Stefen Wisniewski ~ Lamarr Houston ~ Rod Streater ~ Rhett Ellison