`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice, ebay issue

RE: Need advice, ebay issue
(11-08-2012, 07:29 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: buyer can file a INAD claim with ebay in that case

a real nasty trick some sellers have used to scam folks in using paypal shipping to print out a label, then scanning the label, find an address with the same zip code near the buyers house, but not right next to them. then photoshop the address and the name, and change their own sending info print it out. the dc number will show it is sent to the right town, and is proof for paypal that it arrived. the seller doesnt include the card, of course, but rather just an ad or something. of course, the person that gets the package doesnt know what it is, and usually just tosses it

if there's a will, there's a scam.

(of course, this goes both ways)

Wow thats pretty scary. Clever too if your a crook. (not saying you are jacoby)
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

RE: Need advice, ebay issue
(11-11-2012, 04:26 AM)daddys lil all star Wrote: Wow thats pretty scary. Clever too if your a crook. (not saying you are jacoby)
had it done to me, poorly. package went to my next door neighbor, but the seller wasnt clever enough. that seller had learned the basics from another seller on ebay (a guy that used to be a huge sportscard seller on ebay, with over 20k feedback. he is gone now), who ran the scam successfully for a long time (probably about 2 years).

it wouldnt work for the kind of stuff i sell.