`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice, ebay issue

RE: Need advice, ebay issue
(11-08-2012, 09:39 PM)dlcarst Wrote: I sent one to Canada, and DC said it had been accepted by my post office but nothing after that, which I've heard tracking information doesn't update at all going to Canada until it reaches the destination. Buyer said he never got it, filed a claim, and ebay ruled in his favor, saying I didn't provide valid tracking information, which is bogus since I used paypal shipping which automatically provides tracking information....anyway it was only an 8 dollar card, but I will never send any card more than 20 bucks to Canada.
that number isnt trackable in canada (different systems). because it isnt trackable, you are not eligible for paypal protection. only priority and express have trackable numbers. this is actually in the user agreement you clicked on when you signed up for paypal
(11-08-2012, 09:43 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: I too think you're okay because of the DC.
only if it says delivered to the end address.

Right.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Honestly I just ran into this situation and I didn't receive the card I was supposed to get. I emailed the guy telling him I never received the package even know it showed delivered. We both have a 100% feedback and I ask if we could split the price so I don't take a total loss and he wanted to just go through eBay and he won. So if you can prove the DC # you should be OK. But looking at the other guys side like myself as wasn't happy and being dissatisfied with the transaction though it was neither of are faults I left a neutral feedback as I didn't think it was fair to get the total loss as I lost the $66.00 and the card.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I would think that anybody sending anything with a value greater than you are prepared to loose would at least insure the package.

Ray

(11-10-2012, 07:41 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Honestly I just ran into this situation and I didn't receive the card I was supposed to get. I emailed the guy telling him I never received the package even know it showed delivered. We both have a 100% feedback and I ask if we could split the price so I don't take a total loss and he wanted to just go through eBay and he won. So if you can prove the DC # you should be OK. But looking at the other guys side like myself as wasn't happy and being dissatisfied with the transaction though it was neither of are faults I left a neutral feedback as I didn't think it was fair to get the total loss as I lost the $66.00 and the card.
wow, i think that was really wrong of you to leave a neutral. really absolutely dead wrong. it wasnt his fault whatsoever.

honestly, you should go back and ask him to request a feedback revision from you

(11-10-2012, 09:18 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: wow, i think that was really wrong of you to leave a neutral. really absolutely dead wrong. it wasnt his fault whatsoever.

honestly, you should go back and ask him to request a feedback revision from you
I didn't knock him and there is no way I would leave anything else but a neutral. Here is what I left and I don't believe anyone who buys from him will judge him for it. *Not the seller's fault (Post Office) I never received card so I'm not happy*. I give feedbacks on how the card looks from the picture and I don't judge harshly as long as there are no hidden creases that I didn't see in the picture were normally good. In my 500 plus cards I have bought off eBay this is the only one I have never received. To me there is no reason why we couldn't have worked something out but we couldn't and it went through eBay in his favor. So tell me this though since you feel this was wrong. I made a trade the cards I sent were in near mint condition when I sent them but after arriving they were bent as the package looked it was ran over. That wasn't my fault and neither was it the trader we worked out a deal and I sent him extra cards. To me it’s a courtesy as he could have offered me a replacement card to lessen the damage he didn't so he did deserve a neutral to me as I tried to talk to him about it and he knew I wasn't happy. His feedback wasn’t affected as he still has 100% and he has $66.00 and I lost out on a card I wanted. Not all transaction go well shoot I have had Positive feedbacks left for me with a 1 or 2 star rating and nothing was ever discussed. One person left me a 1 or 2 star on communication and I shipped his card the same day he paid let him know via eBay he had free shipping. Things like that are wrong, me leaving a neutral for not getting what I paid for I believe is fair. But you have your opinion I have mine and I am mostly a buyer and you’re mostly a seller so I can see why you would side with him.

but the nuetral hurts his rep, hurts his ability to sell on ebay, and most probably hurts his ability to get the vaunted 20% discount that is incredibly hard to get

all for something that is in no way his fault

that's more than unfair. your beef is with the post office, or a neighbor that stole the package, not the seller. taking it out on him is just petulant.

he sent it on time, he sent it correctly. he did nothing wrong. it sucks for you, but why should he shoulder the blame or cost? it wasnt his fault.

and im a huge buyer as well. i would have NEVER left him a nuetral, hit his stars, or anything else. i would have just not given him feedback at all

(11-10-2012, 08:52 AM)ktcardshop Wrote: I would think that anybody sending anything with a value greater than you are prepared to loose would at least insure the package.

Ray
I agree completely.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(11-10-2012, 10:42 AM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: I agree completely.
After all it is the sellers/shippers responsibility to make sure that the package arrives safely. That's why Ebay sides with the buyer in contested sales.

Ray

Jacoby lets put it in another perspective now. So wal-mart puts ads out and there is this special limited edition item there going to sell at this day and time and you can only get one per house we will go with so you wait and when that time comes your lucky enough to get the item so you’re excited about it. Now a week goes by and nothing you look online at the delivery confirmation number and it shows delivered yesterday but you never received it so thinking the mail person forgot to deliver it you ask them the next day they look in there truck and nothing. So then you go to the post office and they can't find it either. So you contact wal-mart and tell the situation do you think they will say f-you we sent it to bad you didn't get it or do you think they might try to make it even some how by either replacing the item or refunding because they don't want the negative comments? To me it's the same type scenario but in a smaller aspect. I was not asking for a full refund because that would not be right either. It was neither of are faults so why dose one person take the loss while the other keeps everything and not expect a neutral or a negative comment about it.
(11-10-2012, 10:28 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: but the nuetral hurts his rep, hurts his ability to sell on ebay, and most probably hurts his ability to get the vaunted 20% discount that is incredibly hard to get

all for something that is in no way his fault

that's more than unfair. your beef is with the post office, or a neighbor that stole the package, not the seller. taking it out on him is just petulant.

he sent it on time, he sent it correctly. he did nothing wrong. it sucks for you, but why should he shoulder the blame or cost? it wasnt his fault.

and im a huge buyer as well. i would have NEVER left him a nuetral, hit his stars, or anything else. i would have just not given him feedback at all