`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a common mistake by card companies?

RE: Is this a common mistake by card companies?
I pulled a Moss laundry tag from 2010 Certified, and it was the non-prime version #d to 50. I think I traded it to Mik.
Mine was number 47 or 48, and another member here pulled 50/50, and there was #48 (or #47 IDK) on ebay. All three had a piece of the tag. I tried to trade for the one pulled here and was waiting for the one on ebay to go BIN/OBO but another member here bought before I got a chance.
It seems to me Panini puts patches into "swatch" cards (higher print run) more often than the other big two.
Not unheard of but not very common.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(11-06-2012, 12:59 AM)mrgonzodad Wrote: I pulled a Moss laundry tag from 2010 Certified, and it was the non-prime version #d to 50. I think I traded it to Mik.
Mine was number 47 or 48, and another member here pulled 50/50, and there was #48 (or #47 IDK) on ebay. All three had a piece of the tag. I tried to trade for the one pulled here and was waiting for the one on ebay to go BIN/OBO but another member here bought before I got a chance.
It seems to me Panini puts patches into "swatch" cards (higher print run) more often than the other big two.
Not unheard of but not very common.
If you look in the center swatch, it has the "diamond" pattern in the mesh... these didn't show up on Fins jerseys until 1997. All jerseys from that point on do not have any screened on number swatches.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(11-06-2012, 10:06 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: If you look in the center swatch, it has the "diamond" pattern in the mesh... these didn't show up on Fins jerseys until 1997. All jerseys from that point on do not have any screened on number swatches.
Spoken like someone who loves his Fins...
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(11-06-2012, 10:06 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: If you look in the center swatch, it has the "diamond" pattern in the mesh... these didn't show up on Fins jerseys until 1997. All jerseys from that point on do not have any screened on number swatches.
I was just trying to respond to the op's question in general, not those particular Marino cards.
Nice to know about the jersey manufacturing now though!

(11-07-2012, 12:33 AM)mrgonzodad Wrote: I was just trying to respond to the op's question in general, not those particular Marino cards.
Nice to know about the jersey manufacturing now though!
LOL. I know. I've seen many awesome patches from many "high" numbered cards from packs. I was just mentioning the discrepancy on the Marino because Bake was asking me via PM, so I figured I'd copy and paste.
I think I was going to add something in my comment involving your post, and either got distracted or the computer stolen from me. LOL.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Where did they come from? If you pulled those from a pack, believe it. If not, they may be altered. Card companies rarely make mistakes in our favor.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(11-07-2012, 05:05 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: LOL. I know. I've seen many awesome patches from many "high" numbered cards from packs. I was just mentioning the discrepancy on the Marino because Bake was asking me via PM, so I figured I'd copy and paste.
I think I was going to add something in my comment involving your post, and either got distracted or the computer stolen from me. LOL.
No worries, I was just a little unsure. Hard to get the gist of text on a message board for me sometimes.