`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Panini Playbook Preview

2012 Panini Playbook Preview
Panini previewed it's 2012 Playbook Football today.

Four hits in each box, including two autos - one of them a Rookie Booklet - and two memorabilia cards.

Check out the link for pictures (because I'm really bad at embedding them: http://bit.ly/XknTmd

Beckett Football and Hockey Editor
Email: SusanL@beckett.com
Twitter: @YanxChick

RE: 2012 Panini Playbook Preview
Never really liked this product. books were cool but outside of that never really cared for it. this year with the Accolades I might have to buy some because of them. That Rice is pretty sweet!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

cant wait to see what a ridiculously high price these things are going to be.
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

These look really cool!
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/

The cards look pretty good. Booklets are always pretty cool, but I'm really diggin the Rice and Namath cards.

I think I figured out how panini meetings go:
Head honcho: "Anyone have any ideas for our upcoming releases?"
Design staff: "OK, remember how we did Playbook last year? Lets do the exact same thing this year!"
HH: "Great idea... but why stop there? Lets do that with every product!"
HH: "Anyone else have something to contribute?"
Random employee: "Our collectors hate event worn cards but they're cheap for us and worthless on the secondary market so lets stuff our products with them regardless of the customers feelings."
The room erupts with applause!
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

(11-07-2012, 02:50 PM)rogue655 Wrote: I think I figured out how panini meetings go:
Design staff: "OK, remember how we did Playbook last year? Lets do the exact same thing this year!"
Random employee: "Our collectors hate event worn cards but they're cheap for us and worthless on the secondary market so lets stuff our products with them regardless of the customers feelings."
Agreed. The way they keep trying to put out products that are profitable..... it's gotta stop.

From their Wordpress site:

"By most accounts, last year’s premiere edition of Playbook Football ranked as one of the most successful debut products of 2011; certainly it kept popping up on best-seller lists in hobby shops across the country "

This cracked me up! D&A probably has PALLETS of this product sitting in their warehouse! All the local stores have stacks of Playbook on the shelves for less than half the price of when it was released!! I'll admit, it looks like they improved the product this year, but please don't blow smoke about what a DUD Playbook was last year.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

2011 was priced as a high-end product. Books like a mid-end product. In agreement with jaykayzee, supply now far outweighs the demand. I doubt they turn it around. A couple Lucks and RG3's will have people all over this until they purchase it and get flooded with Coby Fleener. No disrespect to him or to those who collect him. Let's hope its reasonably priced.

(11-07-2012, 02:50 PM)rogue655 Wrote: I think I figured out how panini meetings go:
Says one random staff member: let's copy what other products have been successful from other companies and give it a name and release it
Other room random: it's getting difficult to come up with a design lets do the product like they did 10 years ago.