`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Chrome

2012 Chrome
Is it just me or is Topps Chrome a complete departure from what made it so popular?

I used to love Chrome because it was simple. There were parallels, but didn't go crazy with insert subsets. There were no tallboys, no stupid minis, just cards with your occasional auto.

This year, they have all that AND given in and (I think) put a relic in each blaster? It just seems like Chrome has just become like every other product out there with the event used relic card in each blaster and packs where every card looks like it came from a different product. Guess I have to find a new favorite to break now, I hope they don't screw up Strata as badly as this year's Chrome.

RE: 2012 Chrome
Just bought about 6 blasters and no relics were in them. But more on your point. Yeah could do without the inserts, or atleast something different, but I do love the colors. Makes the product the best value for the price in my opinion.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Well that's good at least! I like the parallels, I am just not a fan of the Topps Archives style throwbacks.

Yeah I agree the throwbacks are already old lol
Manning PC

(11-07-2012, 01:05 PM)branesergen Wrote: Yeah I agree the throwbacks are already old lol
The throwbacks are basically worthless. They have started numbering some of them though so that's a +. The relic is in some blasters at certain stores (I think Wal-Mart) and the blasters at other stores don't have the relic. The relics are also regular, refactor, prism as well, so the refractor and prism ones are #'d too.
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/

Ahhh I did not know that. My Walmart doesnt have them yet so I went to Target lol
Manning PC