`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen & Ginter relics/autos

Allen & Ginter relics/autos
anyone else take the frame off? One of the guys at my LCS told me I was crazy for doing this but I think it looks awesome. Not sure if this has been covered before. Thoughts?

[Image: Scan4-1.jpg]

RE: Allen & Ginter relics/autos
I like the look of the frames on the 2012 edition but you know what... maybe I'll do it on the Melky that I pulled... who wants him lol

how do I take the frame off? hope this isn't a stupid question
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

the front or back of it literally just peels right off at the corners, its like they wanted to make it easy for you to do this

Looks great, but you would get Authentic-Altered at best if you wanted to get them graded. That's the only downside.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(11-06-2012, 09:41 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Looks great, but you would get Authentic-Altered at best if you wanted to get them graded. That's the only downside.
i thought Beckett graded them the same way regardless frame or no frame....
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

yeah I don't see the difference between removing the frame from these and removing the coating off of the old finest cards. the surface was graded differently on those, so these should be graded separately from the frame just fine

I won't do it with this years stuff but did it with a few from last year and earlier because I thought the frames were hideous.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

this years frames are a lot better as far as not having the card bounce around, but I do it regardless just cause I love the mini holders

I agree with the LCS guy. But if you don't care about resale value, and you like them better without the frame, they are your cards so do whatever you like with them. My opinion is that you have completely destroyed the card (something that is not the case if you peel the cover off of a Finest card). Just something to think about.

I agree with iujapander. I mean, if you like it better without the frame, that's great, but I'm not sure people would buy them.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!