`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not a monumental feat, but I'm proud to say I did it!
11-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Rainbow Not a monumental feat, but I'm proud to say I did it!
So going back about 8 months ago, I won an auction on eBay for a 2010 TRISTAR Obak autograph of Washington Nationals prospect Jeff Kobernus. It was the purple variation of the card, serial numbered 1/1, I said to myself, "Hey...that's pretty cool. It's probably not too often that the first card you get of a player is a 1/1." I did some research on here and found that there were six different variations of the card. So I decided that since I had the 1/1 out of the way, I'd try and complete "the rainbow". *lol*

Rather quickly I was able to purchase the variations #/5, 75 and 125. Then it took a while, but I found the variation #/50.

Last night, for some reason, I was searching for baseball cards on ebay.com (I'm from Canada, so all of my purchases are made on ebay.ca) and low and behold, I found a listing for the variation of the aforementioned Jeff Kobernus card #/25. I contacted the seller to ask if they ship to Canada, and they said yes! As quickly as I could, I hit the BIN button, and as a result, I have completed my goal of acquiring one of each variation of the 2010 TRISTAR Obak Jeff Kobernus card!

I realize that many will not consider this a spectacular thing, but I personally think it's cool. Had I not purchased the 1/1 variation first, I probably wouldn't have even considered trying to go for one of each card.

Just had to tell my little story! Happy trading everyone!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2012, 12:41 AM
RE: Not a monumental feat, but I'm proud to say I did it!
(11-05-2012 11:14 PM)wendelclark Wrote:  So going back about 8 months ago, I won an auction on eBay for a 2010 TRISTAR Obak autograph of Washington Nationals prospect Jeff Kobernus. It was the purple variation of the card, serial numbered 1/1, I said to myself, "Hey...that's pretty cool. It's probably not too often that the first card you get of a player is a 1/1." I did some research on here and found that there were six different variations of the card. So I decided that since I had the 1/1 out of the way, I'd try and complete "the rainbow". *lol*

Rather quickly I was able to purchase the variations #/5, 75 and 125. Then it took a while, but I found the variation #/50.

Last night, for some reason, I was searching for baseball cards on ebay.com (I'm from Canada, so all of my purchases are made on ebay.ca) and low and behold, I found a listing for the variation of the aforementioned Jeff Kobernus card #/25. I contacted the seller to ask if they ship to Canada, and they said yes! As quickly as I could, I hit the BIN button, and as a result, I have completed my goal of acquiring one of each variation of the 2010 TRISTAR Obak Jeff Kobernus card!

I realize that many will not consider this a spectacular thing, but I personally think it's cool. Had I not purchased the 1/1 variation first, I probably wouldn't have even considered trying to go for one of each card.

Just had to tell my little story! Happy trading everyone!

congrats, that you have conquered the rainbow I still wish to complete one some day
11-06-2012, 06:17 AM
Sweet, put a picture up when it gets there

looking mostly for hof game used cards, star rc, star #d, star autos, and mike Schmidt autos and gu

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]
11-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Now go for the set get all the numbers. 1-25,1-50 etc. I would take years if possible.
11-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Congrats!! would love to see a scan when you get them in. Any rainbow is a great feat.

[Image: n0Ji6.png]