`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off topic: Paypal....

Off topic: Paypal....
Do not rely on paypal to be consistent. also do not rely on their customer service centre to give you a straight answer. After transfering moneys last wednesday and going on a constistent performance of funds being accessable by the following tuesday, I am now waiting on a whim. I may get the money in today, I may not. This is typical of large financial institute that simply does not give a damn about their customers. I swear, if this carries on, paypal will feel the brunt of the Aussie spirit. Us Aussie's have a habit of sticking it to the big guy and winning.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

RE: Off topic: Paypal....
I don't understand your comment...

You are talking about not receiving money that you transferred to your bank account?

For me, I just recently started selling on ebay (same user ID as beckett) a few months ago when they waived the insertion fee. I used to only sell a couple cards here & there in the past.. but now, throw 500+ cards up for auction a month.. at least until their promotion ends in DEC...

I've only had a few problems with ebay/paypal...

1) Paypal taking long time to release my funds. example. I sold a high dollar card, but paypal froze the funds.. I shipped the card right away & expected to be able to transfer my money to my bank right away, but I had to wait over 10 days before payment cleared.. then had to wait another 5 days for the transfer to my bank account went through..

2) Transferring money from my paypal to bank account takes longer than usual.. during a 3 day weekend, because of a holiday.. I had to wait a total of 8 days before my money hit my bank. I kind of understand this, because of the sunday & holiday (where banks are closed). Paypal customer service might be limited at that time... ... what i do not get, is most money transfers are screened through their computer software... where it gets tagged for possible fraud or what not... I have had perfect feedback. Never had any problems. My bank account, paypal, & ebay are all linked, but with different passwords for each... I do not understand why it takes so long to transfer money...
If I transfer funds between two of my bank accounts, the funds are available within 2-3 days.... why does Paypal take longer?

3) not part of OP comment..... but I recently had 3 buyers bid on my items.. as soon as somebody else bid, they retracted their bid... I don't get that..?? they never emailed me saying they were going to cancel their bid... nor can I find out who the person was... it appears as if that person never bid on my card.... what happen? Did ebay close/restrict that person's account? did they close it themselves? Is it a legit retraction of bid? because they no longer want the card..?? I would of thought ebay would of notified the seller of any retractions of bids... they used to email you when somebody cancelled an auction.... I just seen this today....

4) I get a lot of buyers contacting me saying they only have X amount of dollars & they can buy the card right away if I lower the cost & put a buy now... or they want to buy offline.. which I rarely do & only to somebody I've done business with in the past.. I still get hit with paypal fees no matter which way the transaction was done.. .... the people that email me asking for a lower price are just trying to, in other words scam (not a real scam, but get a lower price).. so they can flip the card...
If a card is worth $500-2000, then why would I try to sell it for so cheap?

these are just my rants for the day regarding ebay/paypal....
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Jpleaze, I had transferred money from my bank account to my paypal account. Normally, it's in my account four business days later by 9:20 a.m at the latest. Well, today.... needless to say after blasting them and threatening legal action, the transfer was magically completed within twenty minutes.

strange.. I just transferred from paypay to my bank this morning.. wonder if it will be delayed due to the elections...

I hate the long wait, especially, when you're a play by book power seller... & never had a complaint.. I have almost a 1,000 transactions...

I just hate when people do not leave feedback!! some buyers are lazy... I can understand if they do hundreds of transactions (buys/sells) each month, but if they only buy 30 or less items a month... they got all the time in the world to leave feedback....
*United States Navy*

They been slow recently
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

If they (paypal) have been slow recently, they should notify people of any delays and the reasons why. It's simply unethical that they don't.

Feedback isnt required. You shouldnt get mad at someone who doesnt leave feedback. How many times do you go to a store and ask to fill out a comment card? Its nice when it is left, but thats up to the person if they want to leave feedback.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Wouldn't you be upset if you made a hundred transactions (sell/buy/trade) and nobody left you feedback...??

Sellers and/or buyers are trying to gain a good reputation & let others know they are serious sellers/buyers... feedback helps in this process.... that is why there is a feedback button... same thing goes on all the Sports Card Trade forums, including Beckett... Nobody wants to trade/sell/buy high end cards with somebody that has a low number of transactions or poor feedback score...

some people think those with low number of transactions or feedback that is not 100% are untrustworthy... Would you buy a $2,000 card from somebody that has only 20 transactions & they are all as a buyer... not a seller....??

On another note, it took paypal 6 days to transfer funds to my bank account... I also realized I lost money by selling on ebay... those fees add up quickly!!
*United States Navy*