`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
box pricing

box pricing
i was just looking at the upper deck website and i notice the boxes on the site are far cheaper than the local card shop i go too, for example 12-13 artifacts on upper deck site is 71.99 where as if i go to the shop in town here its around 109.99 i believe.. im just wondering is the box for sale on upper deck the same box as at the card shop? how can there be such a price difference? even with the 5$ s&h charge on the website its far cheaper to buy online, i have to be missing something..?

RE: box pricing
The boxes on UD's website are Retail boxes, not Hobby. Retail is always Cheaper than Hobby because there are no guaranteed hits in Retail.

check to see if the boxes are hobby or retail

also check on shipping and also if you have to pay any duties or anything too if shipping from another country to yours
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Actually $71.99 seems high for the retail boxes - but as someone mention, us hobby shops sell hobby boxes (10 packs with hits versus retails 24 packs with a couple hits).

As JJ mentioned, that price may then be subjest to shipping and duty if crossing borders.

Your hobby shop's price is actually ball park in my opinion as we $102.65 but I know in the next City over, they are $109.99.

The things you don't get in retail purchases is the sleeves and top-loaders for your hits as you get in the hobby shops as you pull them in the store and the audience of friends watching and cheering you on.

Support your local card shop.

Yes I would much rather go buy them from the card shop as well but when i saw a 40$ price difference I was a little shocked. I'm not sure about duties but s&h is only 5$ which is reasonable, however; if it is in fact a retail box at the ud site it sounds like its hard to compare vs hobby boxes (hobby being hands down the winner everytime)