Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with Shipping Costs

Issues with Shipping Costs
hey guys,

i just completed a trade a few days ago and received my package. cards were all packaged well and had no issues with them, but i did have an issue with the shipping costs.

trader who sent it to me shipped it in a bubble wrap 4x7 sealed and penny sleves and a couple top loaders. It was sent First Class mail which i believe is $1.95 anywhere in the US. It was attached with $1.10 QCode postage and was delievered to me with a "Postage Due" of .85 cents.

has this happened to anyone else? how should i approach feedback?
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

RE: Issues with Shipping Costs
Happened to me a couple months back, I had to pay like $0.90 to pick up the package. I sent a message to the seller and he immediatly refunded me the entire shipping amount of $2.00. I left him good feedback.
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

That is odd to say the least. Wouldn't that need to be done intentionally? Don't you have to pay the USPS when you actually ship the package? Either way it's wrong and pretty brassy if my assumptions are correct(which I don't know if they are).
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

it could be an error if the post office decided that the package was too thick if he used the automated system

No it wouldn't have to be intentional. Sometimes post offices where you ship a package from aren't picky about the 3/4 inch thick rule to send something First Class, while another post office when it recieves it might be and they might tack on the extra fee if its not 3/4 an inch thick. Other things could happen as well. if they printed it off paypal they could have unintentionally marked the weight of the package wrong. If it was just a trade I would just pay the buck and send the person a polite message letting them know about it so they can try and figure out why it happened. If it happened again however from the same person I would be more than annoyed.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

I think he probably made a mistake doing the self-checkout thing at the post office. Must've picked the wrong option. I'd probably send him a note just as a heads up, but wouldn't sweat the rest.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(11-02-2012, 05:08 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: If it was just a trade I would just pay the buck and send the person a polite message letting them know about it so they can try and figure out why it happened. If it happened again however from the same person I would be more than annoyed.
^^ This. It's happened to me plenty of times. I just send the other person a message to let them know so they don't continue to make the mistake (intentionally or otherwise).

If I got a message like that, I of course would immediately offer to refund the person or send some cards to make up for it, as I'm sure most good traders would.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

My first few trades I accidentally did this putting stamps on the envelope (bubble mailer) and I've had it done to me. In each case, I or the other trader just made it known and we worked it out. I left good feedback and had good feedback left for me. I always give the other trader a chance to work it out if there was some honest mistake. I also hope someone would give me the chance to right the wrong too. I haven't gotten to the point where someone told me to pound dirt, so I haven't had to 'escalate' my response. LOL

Hope my two cents helps.

(11-02-2012, 08:34 PM)ceocards Wrote: ^^ This. It's happened to me plenty of times. I just send the other person a message to let them know so they don't continue to make the mistake (intentionally or otherwise).

If I got a message like that, I of course would immediately offer to refund the person or send some cards to make up for it, as I'm sure most good traders would.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

(11-02-2012, 04:52 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: That is odd to say the least. Wouldn't that need to be done intentionally? Don't you have to pay the USPS when you actually ship the package? Either way it's wrong and pretty brassy if my assumptions are correct(which I don't know if they are).
i actually had an package with postage due about a month ago, and it had postage on it from USPS so even they screw it up, It happened to me about 3 times this year having to pay extra postage.
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

I had one where i had to pay 75cents, i just sent a nice message letting them know what happened so it didn't happen to more people.

For most its a honest mistake. The person that did it to me was more the apologetic so that was more then good enough for me, and i left good feedback.

For some people a dollar is more then others, may have him paypal you the money as a gift or something if they are open to that as well.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]