`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a monumental feat, but I'm proud to say I did it!
Rainbow 
Not a monumental feat, but I'm proud to say I did it!
So going back about 8 months ago, I won an auction on eBay for a 2010 TRISTAR Obak autograph of Washington Nationals prospect Jeff Kobernus. It was the purple variation of the card, serial numbered 1/1, I said to myself, "Hey...that's pretty cool. It's probably not too often that the first card you get of a player is a 1/1." I did some research on here and found that there were six different variations of the card. So I decided that since I had the 1/1 out of the way, I'd try and complete "the rainbow". *lol*

Rather quickly I was able to purchase the variations #/5, 75 and 125. Then it took a while, but I found the variation #/50.

Last night, for some reason, I was searching for baseball cards on ebay.com (I'm from Canada, so all of my purchases are made on ebay.ca) and low and behold, I found a listing for the variation of the aforementioned Jeff Kobernus card #/25. I contacted the seller to ask if they ship to Canada, and they said yes! As quickly as I could, I hit the BIN button, and as a result, I have completed my goal of acquiring one of each variation of the 2010 TRISTAR Obak Jeff Kobernus card!

I realize that many will not consider this a spectacular thing, but I personally think it's cool. Had I not purchased the 1/1 variation first, I probably wouldn't have even considered trying to go for one of each card.

Just had to tell my little story! Happy trading everyone!

RE: Not a monumental feat, but I'm proud to say I did it!
(11-06-2012, 12:14 AM)wendelclark Wrote: So going back about 8 months ago, I won an auction on eBay for a 2010 TRISTAR Obak autograph of Washington Nationals prospect Jeff Kobernus. It was the purple variation of the card, serial numbered 1/1, I said to myself, "Hey...that's pretty cool. It's probably not too often that the first card you get of a player is a 1/1." I did some research on here and found that there were six different variations of the card. So I decided that since I had the 1/1 out of the way, I'd try and complete "the rainbow". *lol*

Rather quickly I was able to purchase the variations #/5, 75 and 125. Then it took a while, but I found the variation #/50.

Last night, for some reason, I was searching for baseball cards on ebay.com (I'm from Canada, so all of my purchases are made on ebay.ca) and low and behold, I found a listing for the variation of the aforementioned Jeff Kobernus card #/25. I contacted the seller to ask if they ship to Canada, and they said yes! As quickly as I could, I hit the BIN button, and as a result, I have completed my goal of acquiring one of each variation of the 2010 TRISTAR Obak Jeff Kobernus card!

I realize that many will not consider this a spectacular thing, but I personally think it's cool. Had I not purchased the 1/1 variation first, I probably wouldn't have even considered trying to go for one of each card.

Just had to tell my little story! Happy trading everyone!
congrats, that you have conquered the rainbow I still wish to complete one some day

Sweet, put a picture up when it gets there
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Now go for the set get all the numbers. 1-25,1-50 etc. I would take years if possible.

Congrats!! would love to see a scan when you get them in. Any rainbow is a great feat.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]