`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Your best (or worst) trade ever

RE: Your best (or worst) trade ever
(11-01-2012, 09:50 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Mine wasn't a trade, but I sold a Miguel Cabrera auto/35 for a whopping $26 back in July.

His autos don't go for a ton anyway, but $26?

Out of 35?

For a Triple Crown winner?

Wish I had that one back.

I'm a Tigers fan, too!
karma haha never trade your own team
as for my best/worst

I was trying to complete the Allen and Ginter set... last card I needed was lets say $3...

I traded away 33$ worth of A&G SP cards...womp
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

I am a Montero guy so any trade where I am getting a Montero card is a win for my pc.

I made a trade when I just got onto the Beckett site a few months back where I landed a sweet 2008? Bowman sterling dual auto of Montero and some scrub. It is one of my favorite cards making this one of my favorite trades.

Another good trade landed me a 2012 bowman platinum cutting edge stars Montero auto /25. I paid $15 bucks plus and traded an auto of Francisco Lindor from 2011 playoff contenders. This Is my favorite trade on the premise that I collect Montero and I really like the design of the card.

I don't have a worst trade yet. Not one that I know of at least.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Can i Chime in with this,
Havent made many Baseball trades yet,

So no good or bad there.
But purchase wise,
Worst Purchase ever 2012 Bowman Chrome. 3 refractors. 1 purple prospect and my auto was a subcommon. woot.
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios

Trout seems to be a common theme here. One of my first trades on Beckett I gave up a Hanley Ramirez TTT relic card (non auto) for a 2009 Sterling Trout auto. BVs were very close at the time (around $25-30).
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

In 1986 I traded this

for this

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(11-01-2012, 07:56 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: My worst was one of my first here, just got back into the hobby and was clueless about what I was doing. Wasnt paying for baseball pricing, traded away around 300.00 worth of cards for about 30.00 worth of commons. I personally wouldn't accept a deal like that if I knew it was that lopsided but it's done and over. Live and learn.
I wouldn't mind knowing the names of the traders that made these lopsided trades with you and others. Would help knowing who to avoid when I set up my organize and start trading on here.

This is a trade that never happened, but in retrospect wouldn't have mattered because I was like 7 or 8 and they would have been ruined or lost soon no doubt anyway. My uncle gave me his old box of cards that was filled with 71 opeechee baseball and hockey. I was over at my friends house and his older brother wanted the older ones and offered me brand new 1979-80, 1980-81 Hockey cards for them. Seeing shiny new cards compared to my older dinged up ones I jumped at it. My mom was soooooo pissed I traded away her brother's cards and she made us give them back. The bad part...remember the dates...there was 2 Gretzky rookies and 3 Ray Bourque rookies in my pile that I got.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(11-02-2012, 10:54 AM)zeprock Wrote: In 1986 I traded this

for this

{ no words }

I think my best trade here involved me giving up some Jeter GUs for a ton of rare set needs on a few A&G subsets. The other trader got some good trade bait, and I got to finish off some cool sets that I enjoy looking at from time to time. I think I also include that with any of the trades I've done where I help someone out with set needs and I get a cool insert or two to go into my Odd Stuff pc.

(11-02-2012, 11:22 AM)davidanthony2k Wrote: I wouldn't mind knowing the names of the traders that made these lopsided trades with you and others. Would help knowing who to avoid when I set up my organize and start trading on here.
-Yeah, that's a pretty bum deal there. If I get a 'complete' trade offer and it looks off, I always send it back and suggest that the guy "round it out." Obviously, there's a lot of factors to consider besides just BV. (Whether you're trading up/down, if there's autos vs non-autos involved, etc.) But when I see a lopsided deal of like cards, I always point it out. For example, if I'm trading for 6 (non-auto/non-gu/non SN) Cabreras with total BV of $60, and the guy picks out 5 like cards of mine with a total BV of $35, I'll instantly assume he doesn't have Org and will say something.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I sold a brennan boesch 2008 bowman refractor auto on the bay for $1.04 right before he was called up. Lets just say the guy made 100 times more after he was called up.
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331