`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Hurricane Sandy Thread

RE: OT: Hurricane Sandy Thread
wv here. calling for a big snow. the mountains are already getting snow. here in the low parts its rained all day, the temperature has dropped and the wind has picked up a bit. i suppose itll get worse as the night goes on, but i have my fingers crossed for the best. hope everyone is safe and warm.

(10-29-2012, 02:13 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I take it, that either y'all don't watch OR don't get Fox News Channel. Sandy is supposed combine with a cold front to produce a superstorm, the likes of which we have never seen. Also, there's a tropical storm inside Hurricane Sandy.

Try to stay safe. They said if you haven't evacuated by now.... It's too late.
I check a number of weather websites, the main reason its this bad is the blocking high pressure by Greenland, otherwise the cold front would have pushed it out to sea the way it was heading. The blocking high has intensified the low pressure (almost a record low mb) & thats what will cause extreme & sustained wind gusts of 50 -90 mph from now until midnight. In the last hour it has gotten quite bad & the worst is yet to come. I'll watch The Weather Channel over Fox News for weather of this magnitude.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(10-29-2012, 05:10 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:
haha! love it!

[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

Not that much rain. Lot of wind

Power is still out.

Supposedly this is the eye now

Sky lighting up blue all over from transformers blowing

[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

I'm in San Diego, but praying for all you guys on the eastern seaboard.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

In Cleveland, we are 600 miles from the coast and still got a butt load of rain and 60 mph winds all night. I can't imagine what you guys near the coast are going through. Hopefully you guys are staying safe.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Philly checking in. Survive the storm so far....we did ok up here, but down at the shore...what a mess. My parents live down there (inland though) & they waited it out. Luckily meverything is good. Mostly trees down & alot of folks without electricity, but our utility company is really good and get things fixed pretty quick. My heart goes out to the folks in NYC.....massive flooding & that huge fire in the Queens section of the city (50 homes burned down)....stay safe folks.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Everyone stay safe!!!
[Image: dbacksfanbanner_zps7dd6450d.png]

Randy Johnson and Dan Haren Collector

Pittsburgh area here(Cranberry Twp/Beaver County/Ellwood City) rain has stopped for now, it was just windy and raining a lot last night nothing major. I do however live by a creek that is known to flood. Ivan changed my life when I lost everything. I'm really hoping the rain stops and it doesn't flood again Sad
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)