`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Harden Traded

James Harden Traded
Welcome the new Houston Rocket James Harden!!

Really surprised by this move.
I think the Thunder should have kept there pieces together and tried to improve without breaking up the team.
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

RE: James Harden Traded
small market teams can't compete with large market teams simple as that can't spend like big market teams

(10-27-2012, 11:50 PM)swanone Wrote: small market teams can't compete with large market teams simple as that can't spend like big market teams
If this was they case, how do you explain Miami? That's a small market as well (even if the media doesn't want you to recognize it). Truth be told most of the league is in small markets.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Harden wanted to start, not be the 6th man again. He turned down the 4yr/52mil deal he was offered. He wanted 5+/70+ a year and start. I don't blame him. OKC picked up a lot of draft picks..

(10-28-2012, 09:47 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Harden wanted to start, not be the 6th man again. He turned down the 4yr/52mil deal he was offered. He wanted 5+/70+ a year and start. I don't blame him. OKC picked up a lot of draft picks..
I think OKC got the better park of the deal. I don't think Harden can carry a team by himself IMO. He wanted a max contract and from reports OKC was a couple mil below that. They picked up Martin who's contract is for one year. That will open up more money, plus they got Lamb as well. Hopefully Harden can prove me wrong.

Hopefully this isn't a trend forming for OKC. Think about it, they traded Jeff Green after 2 and half seasons, they trade James Harden after three seasons... whenever a forward/guard starts to look good - i.e take points/focus away from Durant and Westbrook, management ships him out. OKC has to learn one thing - you can't win anything these days without a third legitimate scorer....

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(10-28-2012, 08:54 AM)kenarm79 Wrote: If this was they case, how do you explain Miami? That's a small market as well (even if the media doesn't want you to recognize it). Truth be told most of the league is in small markets.
Miami is a major city with more fan base, more sports teams ,history than OKC is smaller city local fan base ie only pro sports team in town.

Was this done so close to the season's beginning because OKC front office assumed Harden would accept their offer? I guess they got a rude awakening, such a shame Harden will no longer be there, this is going to hurt OKC. But they made out with all their picks. I think they also sent Daequan Cook, Cole Aldrich and another player to Houston. Maybe Aldrich will get some PT now, I thought he had some potential.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(10-28-2012, 07:36 PM)swanone Wrote: Miami is a major city with more fan base, more sports teams ,history than OKC is smaller city local fan base ie only pro sports team in town.
I see your point, but Miami only had local fans until LeBron came to town. Even then, they had to convince fans to support the team. OKC never had that issue. Miami really isn't a big sports town. Baseball, football and basketball has struggled to maintain fan support over the years in Miami. Milwaukee is a major city with a longer sports history and has a large fan base, but it all comes down to perception. Remember, Miami has only had a basketball team since 1989. OKC isn't a new team, they were just relocated within the last 5yrs. They have a major superstar. I think this was more strategic, because OKC or any team (outside of NY) would not be able to sustain in today's NBA by taking on this many max contracts.

(10-28-2012, 05:46 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Hopefully this isn't a trend forming for OKC. Think about it, they traded Jeff Green after 2 and half seasons, they trade James Harden after three seasons... whenever a forward/guard starts to look good - i.e take points/focus away from Durant and Westbrook, management ships him out. OKC has to learn one thing - you can't win anything these days without a third legitimate scorer....
That is exactly the trend and Presti will make great use of those draft picks as well as Lamb as a SG with potential. I still think Perkins is a neccesity until you can get something better. Howard is in the West now and don't forget Danny Ainge cried about the heart issue Green had and got another pick for OKC via Dictator Stern.

Martin is a guy that fills the offense that you lost in Harden and even if OKC retains him past this season it will be for less. Martin is salary relief either way for OKC.
I will miss Aldrich and Cook as an OKC fan because I thought Cook was some shooting from the bench that was needed and Aldrich was going to breakout this year. Now we have Collison and Hasheem Thabeet backing up Perkins. I am not hopefull about Thabeet.

Huh
kenarm79 - I agree with some things you stated here... even about harden being the # 1 offensive option....BUT!
In your previous post about market sizes, there is NO WAY that I could compare Miami and OKC on market size. Even with your reasoning there is no chance OKC earns close to what Miami can... Until there is a hard cap in place Teams like Miami, LA (either), or NY have an advantage with spending flexibility when compared to teams lik say OKC or San Antonio.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!