`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snide remark received for declining a trade. WHats up with that?

RE: Snide remark received for declining a trade. WHats up with that?
I appreciate your insight. Using his ID I view as similar as using ones ID to label them a bad trader, not that he is necessarily one. By feedback he appears to be a really good trader. Although what I feel he did was bad etiquette as a trader. Using his ID is a way for me to see if anyone else has had similar issues with him or in general and to some extent warn future traders that this trader goes by some form of etiquette that others may not use or agree with and that they should be wary of that, else they could also be offended or offend him like I apparently have done by just declining the trade. Using his ID was not meant for anything more than that although I guess to some degree it could have been because I felt so offended by his comment that I felt like I needed to call him out. I am curious to know why you think its wrong so maybe I can better understand where your coming from and perhaps get a better understanding on how to handle future situations should they arise.

Likewise, it would have been nice if he made some sorta comment himself. He simply could have asked and I gladly would have given him more reasoning and another opportunity to continue the trade if it turned out he did have something I was interested in. Would it have been too hard when he sent the offer to say "If you don't find anything in my org lmk what your interested in and I'll look through my stuff and see if theres anything I haven't entered yet?" Even after the trade he coulda asked for a more clarified reasoning and informed me that he had more cards not entered in his org and that maybe there was something he had not yet entered. My declining of his trade was nothing personal and I'm sure its generally nothing personal with everyone that just declines a trade, why take it so personnally? Who knows, maybe someone just declines a trade cuz there trying to save you a hassle, maybe there just not up to trade at the moment for whatever reason. Why does it necessarily require to give more of an explanation than whats provided. To me its no big deal, if someone just declines my trade I'm sure they had their reasons, if they decide they need the cards they no where to find em. If I had said, "didn't see anything this time," wouldn't have really changed things as their still woulda been the issue that he apparently had more cards not listed which coulda possibly changed things. That reasoning would not have been sufficient as he woulda just said I should have asked him if he had anything else and he still woulda held me in the wrong for not communicating more. lol...

@ JMarchand1981, it wasn't like I was flat out denying him though. I just marked I was "not interested in trading at this time." It was simple and to the point, and I believe to some degree its meant to leave the door open for the potential of a future trade when the timing is more right. It wasn't like I was saying I'd never trade with him and he'd never get my cards. lol... It also wasn't like he couldn't have clarified at any point that he could have potentially had more to offer. I've had maybe a few trades where they've gone off without a hitch and barely any communication if at all was needed. Wish they were all that simple. This offer was in that way but in the opposite manner lol... He didn't say anything till after everything had been done and I did the same. lol... I thought it was just a simple I'm not interested right now but I guess I was wrong. lol...

(10-27-2012, 06:49 PM)shaunbaus Wrote: @ thelegendjerryrice, I can certainly understand that. If he would asked and not been as rude as I perceived him to be, I woulda been more than happy to give him more reasoning and maybe if it turned out he did have something I was interested in we coulda re-started the trade. But he all but killed any hope in that.

Try to look at it the other way around.

What if you sent him a trade. And he just flat out declined it.

I know I have cut down my trading because I do not come on much. BUT when I send an offer. I expect a little more than just a flat out decline.

SO in turn. When I decline a trade I try and say why.

Now with me cutting down my trades. I do not find it rude if the other person declines because I have not responded in a time frame exceptable to them.

I wouldn't let it get to you. People have bad days and get pissy about little things. Heck I've had a couple myself recently.

I fail to see how the OP just gave a "flat decline" with no explanation. He didn't see anything in the guy's organize (other guy's problem for not having his stuff loaded) and gave the reason that he's not interested in trading at this time. What else do people expect? A sympathy card? And I don't believe the OP is "wrong" to not send a PM.

Prior to the changeover, yes, I agreed that a PM would be a good idea because you didn't have the different options available to you to select from as to why you are declining. NOW, you have the reasons available that are legitimate reasons. If I am recalling correctly, I seem to remember people saying that having these reasons would be a good idea so that they wouldn't have to send PMs.

Seriously, if people are that offended because they don't receive a PM even though they've been given a reason, they should really reconsider trading.

We've all been in this situation before. You have no obligation to explain yourself, but it never hurts to say, 'thanks for the offer, didn't see anything.' I'm not endorsing his reaction, but there's no need to call someone out by name on the boards. -If you didn't feel like spending the time to explain yourself to him (which is fine), there's no reason to explain yourself to everyone else.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I try to see both sides of things. Considering my earlier comment the dude shouldn't have made a snide comment, period. It is uncalled for. Now...typically I throw in a comment when I start a trade, something simple like "see if i have anything for this"., but that is just how I do things and I don't think at all that my way is superior to anyone else's way. I think had the dude thrown in a comment though the OP may have been more prone to throw a comment in declining the trade. That is just my thought though. Obviously, the OP is a good guy. Perhaps the other guy is as well(I don't know him). It just didn't work out this time.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

however, nothing is more classic then...I want your Aaron Auto, Gretzky Rookie and your Jordan rookie...throw in a Jeter auto as well... then you check the guys org...just maybe...he might have that golden goose you have been searching for.... and the highest priced card in their org is a 1989 Score Wayne Tolleson.... my normal response to someone who wants a ton of value that I cannot replace by the trade, is "sorry don't see anything I am interested in...if you ever score any Cano...let me know"

However.... a blatant disrespect of my time, to look through their org when you know you don't either have stuff listed or no where near the value you are looking for, deserves no response, rather then standard click NIITATT..... Sorry. If there was an option to choose....put down the crack pipe and get a clue...I would chose that...

Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...

@ thelegendjerryrice, if he had just declined an offer I sent I would not have been bothered at all and certainly wouldn't have felt the need to make a comment about it. I think I go into a little more detail in one of my responses above to another poster, middle paragraph of above post.

@uvaspina, thats the thing. Part of the traders issue was that I didn't ask him if he had anything else. That I didn't tell him what I was interested in. Simply saying, "thanks for the offer, didn't see anything." Would still not have been necessarily appropriate or enough of a reason as the trader felt they had more to offer that wasn't listed in their org and that somehow I was supposed to communicate more with them to figure that out.

I appreciate them at least trying so I always say "sorry, didn't see a match"