`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Am I being foolish?

RE: Am I being foolish?
(10-27-2012, 10:34 AM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Where you live. Sometimes it's where you live that can make a big factore on how you may be able to obtain some items?
I live in between Seaside Heights and Long Beach Island in New Jersey. I'm about 45-an hour from Trenton(havent been there in a while) but I can go see our team there which is cool but also I am very close to Lakewood (phils single A)

Sometimes I get frustrated where I live because on a different topic I would love mlb.TV but I'm a blackout for yankees. However, if I lived 5 miles south... i wouldnt be blackout... argh.
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

If you have cable, don't you get YES Network?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(10-27-2012, 09:44 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: If you have cable, don't you get YES Network?
yes but comcast is expensive, so this summer I thought maybe I could get rid of comcast and just have mlb.tv but I'm in the blackout area for the games....

However if I drive 5 miles south, I would be able to go without premium comcast and just do basic with mlb.tv haha long story
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

I know, I hate that.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Well next season would be a great time to start watching Trenton games. As Slade Heathcott and Tyler Austin might be starting the season there. Montgomery will also more and likely be starting there as well. I drive 2 - 2 1/2 hours to get to a TAMPA YANKEES game. I will be gunning for some big Autos this spring.

(10-27-2012, 07:48 AM)stera8 Wrote: well that explains it all and no hard feelings what so ever... thank you for your advice as well. I am not that aware of the Appalachian league but I started liking CC on the Indians because he was so dominant and seemed like a great guy. When he came to the yankees, I saw some documentaries on him about his hometown in California and how much of a family person he is. I give a lot of respect to him. Still searching for my first CC auto though

With everyone's advice, I think I'm going to hold off on more of the leaf cards and focus on Bowman Draft... I love opening the packs

It's hard getting back into collecting and trying to figure out what to exactly collect when you enjoy opening packs so much haha. I would love to have an auto of Hall of Fame guys or star players (on balls or bats) but thats where money becomes a huge factor

oh well at least I have fun.
I am glad you understand. GL on getting a CC AU! I was too young or unknowledgable to collect AU's when I saw some of the great Indians players from 1990 to 2000 play for my local Appy League team. I think CC was there in 1998, maybe 1997.
The only HOF AU's I have are Ozzie Smith (my fav. player of all-time) and Stan Musial (one of the greatest players in the history of MLB)!!! I have 3 Ozzie AU'd cards and 1 AU'd 8X10 photo AND 1 Musial AU'd 8X10 pic inside a 16X20 HOF Plaque/frame.
I just want to say that you should keep your eyes open for AU'd items of your favorite players. You NEVER know when you will find a GREAT deal. I bought that Musial Plaque for $50 and it is easily worth $250. I bought my Ozzie AU'd picture for $30 to $40 and it was totally worth it to me. Just keep searching (but be suspicious) and you have a shot at getting a great AU'd item for a decent price. GL!!!