`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Beckett values VS. True value

RE: Beckett values VS. True value
Just be comfortable with what you want to spend. Like jonathani said is is supply, demand etc.. I choose to look at BV this way, the only time it is solid is in trade. It is a way to compare cards. If you want a $1 card from me, it could cost you 10 $0.10 cent BV cards.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Man I need to trade with you. I am a team base collector. On more than 1 occasion I have picked 50-75 or more base cards (most of which are under $0.60 to $1.00. Yet the other trader will want a $50-$75 in exchange for 100 cards that are 50 cents apiece. Upsets me so much.

I typically base all my trades on BV, but won't do a $50 autos for a hunder 50 cent cards. Just won't do it. That is one of my pet peeves on this site.

(10-25-2012, 09:51 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Just be comfortable with what you want to spend. Like jonathani said is is supply, demand etc.. I choose to look at BV this way, the only time it is solid is in trade. It is a way to compare cards. If you want a $1 card from me, it could cost you 10 $0.10 cent BV cards.

(10-25-2012, 09:55 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Man I need to trade with you. I am a team base collector. On more than 1 occasion I have picked 50-75 or more base cards (most of which are under $0.60 to $1.00. Yet the other trader will want a $50-$75 in exchange for 100 cards that are 50 cents apiece. Upsets me so much.

I typically base all my trades on BV, but won't do a $50 autos for a hunder 50 cent cards. Just won't do it. That is one of my pet peeves on this site.
I am currently re-doing the organization and how I use ORG for my collection. I know from posts you are looking for base Rangers. I'll let you know when I get things sorted and you can have your pick. I'll send you a PM.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(10-25-2012, 09:55 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Man I need to trade with you. I am a team base collector. On more than 1 occasion I have picked 50-75 or more base cards (most of which are under $0.60 to $1.00. Yet the other trader will want a $50-$75 in exchange for 100 cards that are 50 cents apiece. Upsets me so much.

That is starting to annoy me too, I made an offer to a guy for 47 base cards I needed for a set that totalled just over 50 bucks and he counters wanting a 30 dollar rookie auto, a Harper parallel from 2011 Bowman Chrome and another card with a BV of 3 dollars. I just won a 50 card lot on the bay of the same set for 6 dollar with 2.50 shipping, why the F would I give away premium cards for set fillers?

Actually I would if it was extremely in my favor, but it's only when I'm getting down to the end of a set and I want to finish quickly.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(10-25-2012, 09:55 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I typically base all my trades on BV, but won't do a $50 autos for a hunder 50 cent cards. Just won't do it. That is one of my pet peeves on this site.
Collectors like me may at least be partially at fault for those trade offers. When I was trading on here, I had very little problem with trading away better cards for a larger number of my want list. I've happily traded away autographs or g/u for hundreds of common cards that I needed. I figure I didn't need or want that autograph, but I did want the cards the other person had. I still make those trades from time to time, in fact.

(10-25-2012, 08:03 PM)jonathani Wrote: As with everything from water to cars to food, every price is relative to supply, demand, what someone want to pay, and what someone wants to make off the sale.
Exactly. Only buy at what you're willing to pay for it. The auctions start so low just to get people to bid. Then it's a bidding war whick creeps past Beckett value and winds up way over. And just like that the seller has won.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Book value means absolutely nothing to me outside of using it in comparison for trading. When I buy, it's solely on what I like, what I'm willing to spend, and whether the card is reasonably priced compared to what others are going for in the market. I've dropped more than book value on a card before, and there are some cards valued way higher than I would ever pay.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]