`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Beckett values VS. True value

Beckett values VS. True value
Comparing Beckett value (on graded cards) to what you're willing to pay, what percent would you pay?

I see a lot of enticing cards to buy well below BV on eBay, then I look at completed auctions and they're never anywhere close. I'm just wondering so I can [possibly] prevent myself for overpaying.
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

RE: Beckett values VS. True value
(10-25-2012, 06:38 PM)jlandry287 Wrote: Comparing Beckett value (on graded cards) to what you're willing to pay, what percent would you pay?

I see a lot of enticing cards to buy well below BV on eBay, then I look at completed auctions and they're never anywhere close. I'm just wondering so I can [possibly] prevent myself for overpaying.
It depends on the grade of the card.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-25-2012, 06:43 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: It depends on the grade of the card.
The cards i usually buy are 9.5 or 10's

(10-25-2012, 06:46 PM)jlandry287 Wrote: The cards i usually buy are 9.5 or 10's
Oh, Ok. The price difference is b/c there's no Registry.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

As with everything from water to cars to food, every price is relative to supply, demand, what someone want to pay, and what someone wants to make off the sale.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

If BV was $10 on a raw card, what would you be willing to pay?

depends on the card

One of my favorite ways to buy really nice cards is to set up at shows. You can be amazed at what collectors are selling . You may have to be patient but I am constantly amazed at the quality of of cards people are looking to sell at bigger shows . You have to pay the table rent and have enough nice stuff to sell but you can buy at 25% to 40% all day. Not particularly fond of ebay with all the shilling and underhanded deals but occasonally still buy there.
Photobucket

(10-25-2012, 08:35 PM)sparty78 Wrote: One of my favorite ways to buy really nice cards is to set up at shows. You can be amazed at what collectors are selling . You may have to be patient but I am constantly amazed at the quality of of cards people are looking to sell at bigger shows . You have to pay the table rent and have enough nice stuff to sell but you can buy at 25% to 40% all day. Not particularly fond of ebay with all the shilling and underhanded deals but occasonally still buy there.
I live in southwest Louisiana and there are no shows near here, and the only card shop has high markups. So I'm confined to buying off ebay

The way to prevent yourself from overpaying is by doing exactly what you've done - check completed auctions. Keep track of what cards have sold for so you eventually get an idea of what a card is worth. Then you can figure out when you're getting a steal, etc.
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes