`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinion about 2012 Topps Heritage High #

Opinion about 2012 Topps Heritage High #
I received an e-mail from Topps offering me a set of 2012 Topps Heritage high number 576 - 675 baseball set. There is only going to be a print run of 1,000 and the cost of the box set is $99.00. I am putting together the 2012 topps heritage base set 1 - 500 for this year. Was it a wise purchase to pay that much for a hundred card set. Let me know what everybody thinks.

RE: Opinion about 2012 Topps Heritage High #
(10-24-2012, 06:07 PM)corbin21 Wrote: I received an e-mail from Topps offering me a set of 2012 Topps Heritage high number 576 - 675 baseball set. There is only going to be a print run of 1,000 and the cost of the box set is $99.00. I am putting together the 2012 topps heritage base set 1 - 500 for this year. Was it a wise purchase to pay that much for a hundred card set. Let me know what everybody thinks.
I don't think so ... I would have gone for it myself at $19.99-29.99, but not $99.

That's $1 per card ... if you look at the checklist, other than the big name rookies, pretty bland IMO.

I mean, Bartolo Colon?

He got suspended in what, June? July?

Yeah, you get an auto, but how many people are going to get Chris Getz versus Bryce Harper?

Not trying to be rude, just my opinion.

Then again, if you're happy with it, no one else's opinion matters.

I was thinkin about getting it but the price is too steep. May wait and buy it for half price without the auto.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I'm just gonna wait for somebody to bust one so I can have the Span out of the set. I was bummed when he wasn't in the original set. Was it really that hard for Topps to find players for a 100 card set? There's 500 cards in the original set with some players having 2 or more cards, while there are 25 man rosters for 30 teams so that would mean 750 players, and there are even more than that because of all of the injuries and players being sent down. Its kinda ridiculous if you ask me.
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

I just bought 2... Price did seem too high but I like the Heritage sets. I try and put 2 sets together so I thought it kinda necessary to get to go with my 2 regular sets that I'll be working on. The Heritage cards are nice to try and get auto'd so thats why I try and put together 2 sets. I'm sure I'll be able to get some signed in spring training/regular season so it'll give me something fun to try and do when I'm at the games. I probably wouldn't have bothered if it didn't at least include an auto already though. Here's to hoping I at least get a decent auto or two. Wasn't much but I did have a $10 off e-gift card from the Diamond Giveaway promotion they did last year so that at least helped a little bit. You gotta think to maybe, print run is like a 1000 as someone mentioned, so they are SP's so thats kinda nice too. So value should be a little better. I think the auto's are also numbered to 10 or could have variations numbered to 10? Something like that.

There will be red autos numbered to 10 for every autographed subject, so every 4-5 sets there will be a red auto. Granted, the base autos of some may be short printed as well
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

I'm so torn because first off I wasn't sure if this is a true set they are offering. it may be a "box of high numbers" and good luck with your doubles and whatnot and wind up shy of about 25 cards. Bu ti don't know.. A hondo for me for cards is way outta reach for an average schmoo for me.. But i'm close to buliding the set from 1-500. just need a few more high #'s sps
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

I don't think it's a bad deal at $1 a card for a set limited to 1,000 print run. Just for the limited quality alone I'd venture that down the road should you decide to you'd have no problem getting at least your money back if you split it up and sold each card individually for $.99 each starting price on ebay.

(10-24-2012, 07:22 PM)shaunbaus Wrote: I just bought 2... Price did seem too high but I like the Heritage sets. I try and put 2 sets together so I thought it kinda necessary to get to go with my 2 regular sets that I'll be working on.
Exactly why Topps made this...Heritage is geared towards set builders, and set builders are often obsessive about completion, therefore will buy it. It's too steep though, I don't think they will sell particularly well.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

Price seems too high to me as well. A buck a card and likely a common player autograph for a C-note is kinda steep. But I hope it pays off for you. It's just too risky to me.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!