`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Back in the game!!
10-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Back in the game!!
After about a 15 month hiatus from collecting (mostly due to financial and time constraints), I have decided to come back. I missed all of 2011 and most of 2012, but I am looking forward to catching up on what I missed. I wasn't very active in the forums when I was here last time, but hopefully this will change. I will post more of my breaks and more scans and I will also start getting my org a little more organized. I enjoy trading, buying and selling cards and have over 4k cards in my org currently. Huge Reds fan (and I am still reeling from the NLDS loss) from Ohio. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great year so far.

Collecting Votto, Stubbs, Chapman, Jay Bruce, Nolan Ryan, Cal Ripken, Jr, Leake,
and any other Cincinnati Reds
Jeremy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2012, 05:08 PM
RE: Back in the game!!
(10-24-2012 09:00 AM)ffmedic4143 Wrote:  After about a 15 month hiatus from collecting (mostly due to financial and time constraints), I have decided to come back. I missed all of 2011 and most of 2012, but I am looking forward to catching up on what I missed. I wasn't very active in the forums when I was here last time, but hopefully this will change. I will post more of my breaks and more scans and I will also start getting my org a little more organized. I enjoy trading, buying and selling cards and have over 4k cards in my org currently. Huge Reds fan (and I am still reeling from the NLDS loss) from Ohio. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great year so far.

What do you have for STL Cardinals that you are willing to part with? Anything other then what you have up for trade in your organize?

I just pulled a Joey Votto Topps Update US255UB

Name says it all. I like my Cardinals! Prospects, Current and vintage players. If they wear the Birds on the Bat. I want em.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-as...9932_n.jpg
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv174...banner.jpg
10-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Welcome back! Can't wait to see what you get.

[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!
10-24-2012, 08:14 PM
(10-24-2012 09:00 AM)ffmedic4143 Wrote:  After about a 15 month hiatus from collecting (mostly due to financial and time constraints), I have decided to come back. I missed all of 2011 and most of 2012, but I am looking forward to catching up on what I missed. I wasn't very active in the forums when I was here last time, but hopefully this will change. I will post more of my breaks and more scans and I will also start getting my org a little more organized. I enjoy trading, buying and selling cards and have over 4k cards in my org currently. Huge Reds fan (and I am still reeling from the NLDS loss) from Ohio. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great year so far.

Welcome back! Big Grin

Interested in key RCs, A&G Subsets, 2009 Goudey, Goodwin Champs & various historical inserts. Working on 2001 UD Cooperstown Calling: 11/21
10-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Welcome back. Hope the Reds go further in 2013.

Mat Latos & Chris Heisey collector.
2012 Bowman Chrome Mat Latos Rainbow done!
Looking for the last printing plate.
10-28-2012, 07:06 AM
(10-24-2012 05:08 PM)cardinalcorey Wrote:  What do you have for STL Cardinals that you are willing to part with? Anything other then what you have up for trade in your organize?

I just pulled a Joey Votto Topps Update US255UB

I do have more than what is up for trade. I need to get into my organize and re-organize. I am willing to trade or sell just about anything I have except maybe a handful of cards. Give me a few days to get into it and add the rest of what I have and I will get back with you.

Collecting Votto, Stubbs, Chapman, Jay Bruce, Nolan Ryan, Cal Ripken, Jr, Leake,
Jeremy
10-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Welcome back! -One thing that has changed since you've been gone is that Beckett has changed the default grade to "mint." -The vast, vast majority of traders on here though have marked they're modern cards to NrMt (8) for trade purposes. A small minority of traders insist on leaving they're cards as "mint," (which is fine) but it inflates the trade value by 25%. Personally, unless you're talking ultra-high end cards and are a grading expert, I'd suggest marking any 2000-present "pack fresh" cards as being NrMt.

In any event, hope you find a lot of pleasant surprises around here as you catch up on your collection. Happy trading.

[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*
10-28-2012, 11:26 AM
(10-28-2012 09:55 AM)uvaspina Wrote:  Welcome back! -One thing that has changed since you've been gone is that Beckett has changed the default grade to "mint." -The vast, vast majority of traders on here though have marked they're modern cards to NrMt (8) for trade purposes. A small minority of traders insist on leaving they're cards as "mint," (which is fine) but it inflates the trade value by 25%. Personally, unless you're talking ultra-high end cards and are a grading expert, I'd suggest marking any 2000-present "pack fresh" cards as being NrMt.

In any event, hope you find a lot of pleasant surprises around here as you catch up on your collection. Happy trading.

Thanks for the info!! I will make a note of that and change my cards grades accordingly. Also, I noticed you collect Verlander. I just pulled a 2011 Topps Chrome X-Fractor Verlander from a pack I bought at a show today. I hope to post the entire break a little later today.

Jeremy