`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainy Day Fund

Rainy Day Fund
so it's been a slow month at work, and I'm anticipating additional expenses nearing the holidays, traveling and keeping from dipping into my savings account so I am trying to decide what to do with a few things I have stashed away for times like this...Here is item number 1. How would you guys go about trying to move this? sell individual packs? sell it as a whole? input is appreciated.

[Image: bowmansbest95_zps9203229e.jpg]

1995 Bowman's Best unopened box

I've got several more items I'll be posting but won't do anything until the previous one is gone.

RE: Rainy Day Fund
all the opinions floating around on this site and nobody has one about what I should do with this??

sell and hope somebody wants Vlad's rookie card
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

It really depends on how you plan on selling (i.e. eBay, Craigslist, Beckett, card show, card shop, flea market, yard sale, etc), and how quickly you want to sell everything. The quickest method would be to sell the whole box. To get the most money back you could sell packs, but that will probably take longer to sell them all. The only recent sale on eBay was $78 (including shipping), however BBC Exchange has boxes for $150 a piece. If you want to sell online, your best bet will be to sell the whole box. If you are going to sell at a flea market or yard sale you will be better off selling packs. If you are going to sell at a card show or shop, then you will probably be better trying to sell the whole box and if anyone asks about just buying a few packs then you can make that decision.
Overall, if you have some time you should try listing the whole box for sale with the option to entertain offers for packs. You can judge by the response what will be best for you.
Personally, I would just list it on eBay with a starting bid of $100 and see if anyone bites (listing it would be free, so if no one buys it you won't be charged anything). If it sells then you did good, if it doesn't then I would consider the alternative selling options I listed above.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I will probably use ebay but my main question was regarding separating packs from the box, and a fair price. I was thinking like $7 a pack w/ free shipping if I went that route. I mean people spend $10-$20 on those hot packs so if you're gonna gamble, $7 seems fair IMO. As far as the box being sold for $78, thats a stupid good deal and I wish I'd seen it! I think the $120-$150 range sounds pretty fair, and I give free shipping on all my auctions anyway to save people a few dollars.

Like djohn said, if you're going to use eBay, I'd sell it by the box. Buyers are usually concerned with buying individual packs from boxes since there is the risk they were searched, etc.
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

Either sell it buy the box, or open it and sell singles. People are suspicious of loose packs on eBay.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I'm wary of opening it..sure I could get lucky and hit a vlad refractor or even an andruw jones refractor. but realistically what are those odds...or I could open it it and hit 7 Vlad RC's which wouldnt be awful either but again, what are the odds...looks like I'll try to sell the box first

By the box or singles. Do any of us trust packs anymore?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

sold the box to my LCS owner for $150 and an 07 bowman's best Tim Lincecum auto. he has single packs of 95 bowman's best in there for sale for $40 each with about an inch of dust on them..and is now retailing my box for $350. I love my LCS but the owner is a moron, the guy who actually runs it 99% of the time is awesome. I'll be posting another rainy day item tonight!