`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Random ebay thought

Random ebay thought
What's up with the eBay 1/1 and then the actual number is 1/10 technically 2/10 or even 6/10 would be a 1/1 are people dumb enough to fall for this or am I missing something
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

RE: Random ebay thought
(10-23-2012, 02:01 PM)Blury1 Wrote: What's up with the eBay 1/1 and then the actual number is 1/10 technically 2/10 or even 6/10 would be a 1/1 are people dumb enough to fall for this or am I missing something
You're spot on!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Just people keyword spamming to get you to look at their auctions. It makes it a headache to look for specifics.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(10-23-2012, 02:11 PM)Haze28 Wrote: Just people keyword spamming to get you to look at their auctions. It makes it a headache to look for specifics.
They say..and I have called them on it more times than I admit...is that the card SN 3/10 is technically a 1/1 card, since there is not another card of it that is 3/10. That would go for the Gold Topps #1234/2012. That is a 1/1 technically also, but then so are cards I guess. It is technicality that people get away with to the unsuspecting buyer..the poepl that do this know exactly what they are doing and why, misrepresentation within the laws is still "sketchy" practice. I do not bid on items like this..since I do not trust the people..who are really crooks..or to dumb to know better...I steer clear..

Sellers think someone will pay more for the first, last, jersey #, or any other significant number to that player. Some buyers, very few, follow the same thoughts and do pay more. But like someone said above it makes it harder to find a certain number. If someone is trying to get all /10 and you list it as 1/1 they may overlook it thinking it's the superfractor or something they don't want. I personally like the #22. I would enjoy a card more if it had that number. A few cents worth of enjoyment, nothing extravagant. Someone might get me to bid just one more time if there was a card 22 that I really wanted, but they miss the sell because it is not visible enough in the picture and doesn't say the real serial number. They take those odds of excluding people while taking advantage of others when creating the title/desc.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

I think it's more for keyword hits than actually trying to scam people

Yeah it is just to get attention. I agree with acevanquish, though, what if the 1/1 isn't what the person is looking for and they pass it by?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I'm not sure why 1/1s exist, if a card set is numbered 1-25, each card is unique based on its serial number. Therefore, there are 25 1/1s according to serial numbers.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]