`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What players autos have you got IP? (dedicated to Folkertino)

RE: What players autos have you got IP? (dedicated to Folkertino)
ok you twisted my arm. I love telling this story because it was a highlight of my life. Literally a dream come true. Ive been a Mj fan since day one. i was lucky enough to see an exhibition game here in Charlotte in 87 which started me being a fan of his. On to the auto story. I am a Chef at a golf course in Charlotte which is the home course for the Bobcats. Thats how I get tickets to every game. Over the years Ive become friends with Fred Whitfield( Bobcats President) and VP Seth Bennett. Ive even been to Freds house, which is kinda cool alone. Well, this one year, three ago years I think, MJ made an apperance at the Annual Bobcats Invitational Golf Tournament. He sat at the first hole smoking a cigar the whole day. Literally smoking a cigar the whole time. My buddy Seth took me out there to introduce me. As I stepped out the cart, he noticed my jordan IV's. he said I like your shooes haha. I told him I had a hard time deciding which ones I was gonna wear, in a shakey voice. The VP said I go to at least 25-30 games a year. Mj said "oh yeah? Thanks for the support!" That was almost all she wrote as he started another conversation with one of his people. I interjected with a "Mr.Jordan can I get an autograph?" He said "Real Quick". I took that as a you better hurry up. I fumbled through the stack of MJ cards I had in my pocket to find the right one to sign. I feel like I chose the right one. It was either this or a fake MJ rookie. I still think it would be cool to have a fake MJ RC signed by the real MJ. Anyways, thats pretty much it. i did get out a "Thanks MJ, you're the greatest!" which I still catch hell for from my co-workers.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(10-30-2012, 10:00 AM)quavis Wrote: i did get out a "Thanks MJ, you're the greatest!" which I still catch hell for from my co-workers.
Don't be embarassed, you can't be starstruck and maintain dignity the same time. Nice story, congratulations on the event and auto to go with it.

I forgot one funny part. There was this kid in the neighborhood who got wind of who was at the club. He showed up asking MJ for an auto with a Duke shirt on. Mj told him, jokingly, "you have to change your shirt first." The kid thought he was serious and turned around and ran home. Im not sure if he ever came back either. Poor kid.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]