`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
World Series thoughts?

RE: World Series thoughts?
I like the Tigers more but I think I would have to put my money on the Giants right now.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

verlander is going to give those hippies a reality check and take them off that high they've had. then they'll go to detroit and the fans will eat them up!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

(10-23-2012, 06:48 AM)phreakyq Wrote: verlander is going to give those hippies a reality check and take them off that high they've had. then they'll go to detroit and the fans will eat them up!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!
The way the Cards were eatin up by Giants fans? Giants have proven not to be phased this off season while playing on the road (3 straight in Cincy). Giants need to score early against the Tigers front starters the way they did in most of their wins this postseason. I like Verlander a lot and he's going to be a tough pitcher to get through. It seems to me though Giants hitters knocked him around a bit in the All Star game. Of course Melky is no longer in the line-up and Justin may have just been over-amped for the game. But with him especially they need to draw blood before he gets in his groove. I think the biggest advantage the Tigers have is knowing who the starting rotation will be. While with the Giants, that's somewhat of a question. It's looking to be a really good series. My two keys for both teams: Tigers need to slow down the Giants momentum and keep them down. The Giants need get to Tiger starting pitching early or work them down to get to their bullpen. Look for Buster Posey to break out and get some big hits this series. He's due.

Giants in 6

(10-22-2012, 10:50 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I'm not crazy about McCarver (or Buck, for that matter), but I'll be tuning in to see the Tigers make a run for it.
Here in Canada we not only get the Fox Broadcast, but on one of our Cable Sports Stations (Rogers Sportsnet) we get MLB's international broadcast feed. Tim McCarver has to be one of the most annoying announcers ever and can be avoided north of the 49th!
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Should be a good series, im looking forward to watching it. Giants are going to need more consistant production out of Posey, and Pence. Scuturo and Panda cant do it all against that tigers staff.

That being said, im taking the Tigers in a good 6 game series.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

I'd like to see the Tigers win for Verlander as well as to cap off a great season by Cabrera. That and they haven't won the series since 1984.

And as with every World Series, I hope it goes 7 games.

Gee, I wonder who I'll root for?? Tough one here. HA HA
Jacoby may be living in the 1970s..Have not heard "Hippies" since then..

(10-22-2012, 10:35 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I see more people rooting for the Giants. Am I off-base here?

In my opinion, despite the Giants hot streak, the Tigers will be a tough team to beat. They seem to have a clear edge in starting pitching and hitting. The Giants have better defense, relief, and speed.
Well, Detroit's familiar to the Yankees/Red Sox/Cubs media markets so I think more will be rooting for them. Also, I haven't watched many (any?) Tigers games but I will say that the Giants are pretty slow though I'd give SF the clear edge in starting pitching...unless Verlander starts 3 times this series.

I wouldn't be surprised if either team dominates. I'm a huge Leyland fan and Cabrera is awesome but I'll be rooting hard for my Giants. Too many people here are sleeping on the Giants...SF in 7.

(10-23-2012, 10:09 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Gee, I wonder who I'll root for?? Tough one here. HA HA
Jacoby may be living in the 1970s..Have not heard "Hippies" since then.
I personally don't focus on mens' hair out on the baseball diamond but give him credit for admitting to something like that. He might even be ahead of his time. Then again, hippies were plating guys like Willie Mays while Boston was busy passing on guys like Mays and Jackie Robinson until 1959. So maybe he's still mad at hippies about that?
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(10-23-2012, 01:14 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: I personally don't focus on mens' hair out on the baseball diamond but give him credit for admitting to something like that. He might even be ahead of his time. Then again, hippies were plating guys like Willie Mays while Boston was busy passing on guys like Mays and Jackie Robinson until 1959. So maybe he's still mad at hippies about that?
you know, throwing out the racism charge at me and an entire city might hold more weight if it hadnt been fronted with some gold ole homophobia at the start

*nice job*

(10-23-2012, 01:29 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: you know, throwing out the racism charge at me and an entire city might hold more weight if it hadnt been fronted with some gold ole homophobia at the start

*nice job*
Wait, making fun of you for fixating on a baseball player's haircut means I don't like gay people? Try again.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee