`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
World Series thoughts?

RE: World Series thoughts?
As much as I hate to do it, I have to congratulate the SF Giants!
SEVEN STRAIGHT PLAYOFF WINS!!! They deserved to win the WS. I am still a bit surprised how the last 2 PO rounds have gone in both Leagues.
I have to say that sweeping the Yankees was bad for the Tigers. They got too much rest and had to face a RED-HOT Giants team!
Now that the WS is over, I have a major question. Did the WS show how good the Giants were/are this year OR did it show how horribly the Yankees played in the ALCS???

Nothing intentionally meant against the Detroit Tigers or their fans from this question (personally I wanted to see an '06 WS rematch w/ STL), but the STL SP's melted down after Lohse went out.

I just want to see the members' answers to my question.

The Detroit Tigers are a fabulous baseball team and the franchise is one of the titans in the sport. San Francisco had to play near-perfect baseball to subdue them. And from what I could tell, the fans are all class.

I will say that we Giants faithful are tired of hearing how we weren't the best team in baseball in 2010 and instead lucked into the Championship. Hopefully 2012 will finally silence the naysayers. This one's for you.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Sergio Romo striking out Triple Crown winner Miguel Cabrera was on of those "Casey at the Bat" moments, don't you think?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(10-28-2012, 11:33 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Sergio Romo striking out Triple Crown winner Miguel Cabrera was on of those "Casey at the Bat" moments, don't you think?
Yeah that's going down in history as one of the most dominant save performances of all time...striking out the side to win the World Series in a 1 run game and getting the friggin' Triple Crown winner looking. Cabrera didn't swing because he'd just seen what seemed like 10 straight sliders in a row. That was a heavyweight (89 mph) fastball and Cabrera has nothing to hang his head about.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(10-28-2012, 11:33 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: I will say that we Giants faithful are tired of hearing how we weren't the best team in baseball in 2010 and instead lucked into the Championship. Hopefully 2012 will finally silence the naysayers. This one's for you.
I have to say this...
The Cardinals weren't the best team in baseball in 2006 OR 2011 when they won the WS Title. They were the Wild Card team both years and proved that you only have to be the best-playing team in the PlayOffs. When they lost to Boston in '04, they were a top-seeded team. The team with the best regular season record doesn't mean they can win it all. SF ended up breaking that streak this year. They had the best final record of a WS winner in the past several years.

The Giants came from no where to win the World Series. I don't think anyone including myself would have thought the Giants had a chance after the Dodgers traded for all of those super stars. I think the Giants have shown the other owners that you don't need a team of Super Stars. Just a bunch of young kids excited about playing baseball. The Giant players showed the nation they were in it for the thrill and not the Big Bucks. Let's be honest Brandon Belt ???? Who????? Brandon Crawford ?????? Who???? Marco Scutaro traded to 3 teams in three years. Barry Zito and Pablo Sandoval benched 2 years ago. Hats off to the GIANTS they made my year.

As a TIgers fan, I was incredibly frustrated to see the Tigers get swept. Games 1 and 3 was unbearable for me. With that said, I though Game 4 was very suspenseful and I enjoyed watching it. The Giants played a great series and deserved to win.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I'm a Tigers fan. It sucked.

I was 9 when they won in 84, and I don't remember it, so I don't count it.

So basically, as a Lions fan, too, I have never seen the Tigers or the Lions win a title.

Maybe I'll be like those Red Sox fans that lived to be like 95 years old and never saw a championship.

Oh well, NBA season is right around the corner, not that I'm counting on the Pistons.

I also graduated from USC, so this weekend was like a 48-hour long kick in the junk.

I am a Detroit Tigers fan. I grew up in the Al Kaline era. I was 14 when the Tigers won it all in '68.

After the Tigers beat the Yankees, I was positive that they were going to win the World Series. I think that I am still in shock that not only did they lose, they also got swept!

No excuses, congratulations to the Giants and to all their fans.
Always looking for Al Kaline cards - Mr. Tiger!

Congrats to the Giants and all thier fans....well done even though I was rooting very hard aginst you (except for Hunter Pence....my favorite player)...remnent of our defeat to Cody Ross in 2010. Just goes to show that strong pitching and great defense, not big boppers, win championships. Tigers didn't play bad, Giants just played and pitched masterfully better. First spring training game right around the corner on 2/23/13 (for the Phillies anyway)....can't wait for the hot stove to start up. What will be the biggest move of the off-season.....hmmmmm.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.