`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about storage

Question about storage
I have been thinking about my collection and trying to decide what to do with some of the cards. Basically what I have now, is...

any star player that is not a Rangers goes into 2-row shoeboxes filed alphabetically. I don't put them into my ORG and just filed them behind their name card. They're just in there, not in a penny sleeve or anything.

The range of players in this box are all the way from Gary Carter, Rickey Henderson era players to Buster Posey, Evan Longoria, etc. With some of the guys like Griffey, Henderson, Bonds, Bagwell now retired and likely not getting many more cards in the future, I want to move them out of the stars box to make room for more players.

But alot of the cards of the older players are from the mid-1980s to the mid-1990s. One of the questions I need answered is should I keep them? They're guys like Ozzie, Cal Ripken, Nolan Ryan and those type players in baseball and Marino, Montana, Rice, etc. in football.

I want to move all of them out of my current stars box. Should I just put them in my commons box (since they're from the era where the cards will never be worth anything)? Or should I put all of those players into other boxes filed or put in there neatly and into a closet. Also have been gathering the products like UD Classics, Sweet Spot Classics that has some of the past starts and got players from those sets too.

I am listing the guys who will be moving out of the current stars box. If you think they are not worthy of hanging on to (remember, about 60% of the majority of these cards are from 1985-1994). Which would you keep? Which would you toss into the commons box? I have some rookies of some of these players, too.

Roberto Alomar
Jeff Bagwell
Craig Biggio
Wade Boggs
Barry Bonds
George Brett
Jose Canseco
Gary Carter
Will Clark
Roger Clemens
Carlton Fisk
Nomar Garciaparra
Tom Glavine
Juan Gonzalez
Ken Griffey
Vladimir Guerreo
Tony Gwynn
Rickey Henderson
Bo Jackson
Randy Johnson
Barry Larkin
Greg Maddux
Don Mattingly
Mark McGwire
Paul Molitor
Rafael Palmeiro
Mike Piazza
Kirby Puckett
Manny Ramirez
Cal Ripken Jr
Mariano Rivera
Ivan Rodriguez
Pete Rose
Ryne Sandberg
Curt Schilling
Ozzie Smith
John Smoltz
Sammy Sosa
Frank Thomas
Robin Yount

RE: Question about storage
I'm still rearranging and organizing my collection as I get more in, trade, and have just moved. I've decided to use the large white storage boxes and put everything in set orders, with the more valuable cards protected accordingly, and things in ORG to trade in their own box (1-5 sleeved, over 5 tops loader, jersey, mem, and autos seperate). To me it would just make more sense to find that.. say 1991 Score Chipper Jones..if I just look in the box that has 1991 stuff, and the Chipper is sitting their top loaded in its place while everything else around it is just shelved.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

How many Frank Thomas cards do you have?

Steve

Keep the HOF players, the rest commons.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I would like to get a peek at those Gary Carters

(10-23-2012, 07:49 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Keep the HOF players, the rest commons.
Yea, I was thinking about doing this. Guys like Ripken, Schmidt, Seaver, Fisk, Henderson and a few others are already in the HOF. But some (Thomas, Bonds, Bagwell, Biggio, Schilling) have not come up for vote yet. They're all likely to get in, but I just don't know yet if they will or not.

Those are the ones I am really wanting people to recommend what I do with them.