`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weired ebay situation.
10-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Weired ebay situation.
So I placed a bid on a card two days before it was to end. On the day after it ended I went on there to pay for item and it was marked as shipped with a dc#. Not only that but the seller was no longer registered. It was a seller that had history and not a newbie. I received the card in the mail the other day and I never paid for it. My question is what would you do? I do have the guys address on the envelope so I was thinking of sending him a check. Is that a good idea?

I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2012, 06:30 PM
RE: Weired ebay situation.
I would send a money order, as there is less personal information on it.

Collecting any and everything LOST 112/138 (81%) LOST autographed cards and 33/95 (35%) LOST Memorabilia Cards.
10-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Just contact eBay and ask. That is what I'd do.

[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!
10-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I agree, send an email first and then a MO

[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]
10-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Personally, I'd just send him a money order and be done with it. -He'll have sent, you'll have paid. Fair is fair.

[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*
10-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys the MO Idea sounds about right. Ebay has nothing to do with this anymore since he is not on there anymore. I did receive my end so Ill complete his end. Thanks for the feedback guys

Props to jbel4331
10-22-2012, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2012 08:34 PM by krn001.)
(10-22-2012 07:20 PM)daddys lil all star Wrote:  Thanks guys the MO Idea sounds about right. Ebay has nothing to do with this anymore since he is not on there anymore. I did receive my end so Ill complete his end. Thanks for the feedback guys

Just a thought, did his account get suspended, hacked or he close it out. Also he may have marked the wrong item as paid if he had several listings & sent your card in error w/out payment. I would contact ebay & or the seller first before sending any $$.
Actually ebay has something to do with it as an account remains open for 6 months wether he closed it or if he got banned.

Collecting: Heyward, Harper, Freeman, Jeter, Posey, Strasburg, Ripken, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols
Auto's - GU - Bat,Jsy - Refractors
[Image: banner4.jpg]
10-22-2012, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2012 08:49 PM by bonds20001.)
Fair and square, you got the card and you need to pay for it..but...ebay should be notified, could be a strange case of hacking or something..
Either way, pay, since you got the card..just let ebay know what the deal is..Could be an interesting story..please share!!

[Image: mayscopy.jpg]
10-23-2012, 03:07 AM
Ill keep you guys updated and i think i will contact ebay to see what happened with the seller. Thanks for all the ideas/help. My intention is to pay.

Props to jbel4331
10-23-2012, 04:40 AM
(10-22-2012 08:32 PM)krn001 Wrote:  Just a thought, did his account get suspended, hacked or he close it out. Also he may have marked the wrong item as paid if he had several listings & sent your card in error w/out payment. I would contact ebay & or the seller first before sending any $$.
Actually ebay has something to do with it as an account remains open for 6 months wether he closed it or if he got banned.

I did this once. I went through the purchase shipping and marked an item as shipped that wasn't paid as I thought I was doing an item that had been paid. Thankfully, the guy paid a few hours later as I hadn't actually sent the item out yet. I held it until he actually paid. It's easy to do when you have multiple completed auctions sitting there in the queue.