`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMC Card Prices...

RE: COMC Card Prices...
(10-19-2012, 07:28 AM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: I dont understand, I still see the BVs and I havent paid anything
I know there is a 7 or 10 day free trial so maybe that is why you are seeing the book values ?

The Beckett pricing on COMC from what I have been told by COMC is working as follows. If you are seeing the BV's of the cards you have listed then that is right because they give that to you no matter what but if you are searching to purchase cards then you will have to pay $10 per month.

I also have a Beckett subscription which I explained to COMC customer service and they said they are "working" on somehow combining the two but for now this option is not available so you will have to choose between keeping your current Beckett subscription and not paying extra to COMC because you have the pricing here at Beckett or cancel Beckett and predominantly deal with COMC.

I am not sure what I am going to do yet and I have 20 days to decide because my Beckett sub expires then. Not being able to trade on COMC in my opinion is a problem so at the moment I am torn between the two but I am not going to pay COMC and Beckett, that is for sure.

(10-18-2012, 11:33 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: In your specific examples all of the cards on the site belong to one seller who just listed them. Once there are more copies available from other sellers, and more importantly once there are actual book values, these asking prices will be gone since COMC does not allow asking prices more than 5x BV. Right now these are N/A values, which is the loophole in pricing cards on COMC.
Am I the only one who sees a big problem with this? A seller should be able to price his cards at whatever price he wants, and the market will decide whether it sells or not. The market should be driving prices and Beckett values, not the other way around.

Couple of things --- as a seller on COMC -- having Beckett prices as a base is fine for me to use. Yes, I understand why buyers want the BV of cards but what happened was as an example, during the Topps Golden Giveaway of cards it became an open "hobby Secret" to look up prices on COMC for determinng card values. That was, and is, frankly unfair to Beckett. Not everyone gong to COMC is going to buy cards, many are going to look up BV. And that is the real problem with COMC giving away Beckett pricing

Many of the price "spikes" have to do with the per-card handling fee. The old system of COMC used to be the handling fee per card and put on at the end. That spooked many people so now the real cost of the card is up front and not at the back end. That does cause a price "rise" but the shpping costs now are much simpler

And as a seller, I have the right to set my price --- if I want to be "low"" beckett, which is my preferred option, i can do that but if someone I send gets "Hot". i.e. Freese on the Cardinals last year, then I can and did raise my prices and sold out at nice prices during the WS. But if he had stayed cold, then my low book prices are fine. Remember you always have the option to counter-offer up to half off.

Rich

I guess I don't get the big deal about the BV because in the end Beckett comes up with their prices by some formula from completed ebay auctions so are they gonna make Ebay stop displaying prices as well ? It's easy to get an average going rate for a card without a Beckett subscription so I guess I just don't understand the difference in someone going to COMC to get it or looking at Ebay completed auctions.

Personally for me I never really payed attention to the fact they had BV prices I just did my search then click on Lowest Price because in the end that's what I'm after the best deal possible.