`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMC Card Prices...

COMC Card Prices...
Has anyone noticed that prices for cards on checkoutmycards.com have really spiked since they switched to the new layout, which doesn't include Beckett book values? Maybe it's just me, but some of the prices are just ridiculous. The 2012 Update Hall of Fame and Ring cards come to mind.
[Image: indians_zps82881612.jpg]

- Jason Kipnis super collector
- Cleveland Indians Autos/Relics/Inserts/Parallels and Base Sets
- Superstar and HOF autos/relics

RE: COMC Card Prices...
I use the old layout still. The new layout doesn't really appeal to me
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

(10-18-2012, 05:44 PM)clarkzac Wrote: I use the old layout still. The new layout doesn't really appeal to me
Me too.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

You can still get beckett BV's you just have to buy the subscription which is $100 for 1 year.

This was a Beckett issue not a decision by COMC.com as Beckett felt it was no longer financially plausable for them to allow COMC to give away the prices for free and thus cut into the number of people buying the OPG and Hard Copy price guides.

This video explains the whole situation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...jzI#at=139
Also the reason for the price increase is the prices is the new site includes shipping charges. So on the old site a card would be say $.09 but on the new site it's $.34 because the $.25 shipping has already been added.

Yeah I mentioned this a couple days ago in another thread. Someone there said they were emailing with COMC about shipping differences between the new and the old site. They haven't written back about a response from COMC yet. Guess they haven't gotten a response at this point.
[Image: groat2.jpg]

that was me and no I haven't Sad

Most of the shipping options lowered in price except the Express and the Bulk Shipping which is what I use it is the one that increased and is a $28 difference from the old site to the new. I'm sure it's an error so I'll just get in my order on the old site before they close it.

[Image: comc3_zpse5a53373.jpg]

Old Site

[Image: comc4_zpsa7e21a63.jpg]

new site

(10-18-2012, 05:32 PM)JamesMichael32 Wrote: Has anyone noticed that prices for cards on checkoutmycards.com have really spiked since they switched to the new layout, which doesn't include Beckett book values? Maybe it's just me, but some of the prices are just ridiculous. The 2012 Update Hall of Fame and Ring cards come to mind.
In your specific examples all of the cards on the site belong to one seller who just listed them. Once there are more copies available from other sellers, and more importantly once there are actual book values, these asking prices will be gone since COMC does not allow asking prices more than 5x BV. Right now these are N/A values, which is the loophole in pricing cards on COMC.

You can always send in a correction request on any of these cards for this reason (Asking Price Is Too High). Doing this will prompt the COMC ID team to contact Beckett for pricing information, which in turn has proven to get Beckett to provide the community at large with book values more quickly.

When are they closing it?
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(10-18-2012, 07:19 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: You can still get beckett BV's you just have to buy the subscription which is $100 for 1 year.

This was a Beckett issue not a decision by COMC.com as Beckett felt it was no longer financially plausable for them to allow COMC to give away the prices for free and thus cut into the number of people buying the OPG and Hard Copy price guides.

This video explains the whole situation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...jzI#at=139
Also the reason for the price increase is the prices is the new site includes shipping charges. So on the old site a card would be say $.09 but on the new site it's $.34 because the $.25 shipping has already been added.
Too bad they can't work out a common login interface. It seems a rip off to have to pay $100 extra for those of us who already subscribe to the price guides on Beckett.

I dont understand, I still see the BVs and I havent paid anything
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s