`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARod to Miami?

RE: ARod to Miami?
Yes as of now apparently it was a inside joke between friends that someone overheard and ran with. But talk is that it may very well and likely will get serious as the winter meetings get going.

I personally have no issue with moving A-Rod as long as we get something of value in return and Heath Bell does not fit that description...sorry.

As for Jeter he's signed through 2014 so he's not going anywhere soon and as of now IMO Nunez is as good if not better than any SS prospect we could get. Reyes is to much of an injury risk for me with that hamstring that seem to flare up at minimum a couple times a year.

Bottom line the Yankees are screwed for the next few years until A-Rod (2017 If he's not moved), Teixiera (2016), and Jeter's (2014) contracts come off the books.

(10-17-2012, 10:53 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: I think Curtis Granderson has been the best player this 2012 season. Sure, he sucks in the postseason but in the regular season, he by far was the best player on the team. Jeter will always be the face of the franchise but it's a push to say that he, at any point, was the best player on the team.
That's ridiculous. Granderson has more holes in his swing than swiss cheese. He's got impressive HR numbers - mainly b/c of the ballpark. But the Yankees' best player/best hitter is Robinson Cano. It's not even close. Any baseball analyst/insider/etc will agree.

It wouldn't be crazy to see the Yankees pick up Grandy's option and then trade him somewhere. Cano is untouchable.

I like Grandy too! But he's not even close in terms of value to Cano. If you were making an argument for Grandy in 2011, that would be a lot stronger but this year Cano's WAR is 8.2 and Grandy's is 2.7!
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(10-18-2012, 04:06 PM)iconms Wrote: That's ridiculous. Granderson has more holes in his swing than swiss cheese. He's got impressive HR numbers - mainly b/c of the ballpark. But the Yankees' best player/best hitter is Robinson Cano. It's not even close. Any baseball analyst/insider/etc will agree.

It wouldn't be crazy to see the Yankees pick up Grandy's option and then trade him somewhere. Cano is untouchable.

I like Grandy too! But he's not even close in terms of value to Cano. If you were making an argument for Grandy in 2011, that would be a lot stronger but this year Cano's WAR is 8.2 and Grandy's is 2.7!
Yep, Cano is the best player on the team by a mile! Btw, Yanks are losing 4-0 in the 4th...*sigh*
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

every year since 1991, i have cracked open a beer on Yankee Elimination Day, whether it be regular season or post season

my guinness just left the fridge, and is getting to a nice room temperature.

6-1, los tigers, 6th inning

(10-18-2012, 05:31 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: every year since 1991, i have cracked open a beer on Yankee Elimination Day, whether it be regular season or post season

my guinness just left the fridge, and is getting to a nice room temperature.

6-1, los tigers, 6th inning
That's funny! I cracked one open on Red Sox Elimination Day which was celebrated on April 5th. Smile

In 2012, Jeter had to be overall the Yankees best player. Cano would probably be #2 as he had the WAR, but he was too streaky to beat Jeter out. I would say the Yankees second half best player was Ichiro. Granderson strikes out way too much to be considered the Yankees best player.

I really hope the A-Rod trade pans out as ESPN has mixed articles on the validity of the conversation. In all honesty, if A-Rod relents, I could see a Marlins trade happening this off-season. If I were the Yankees, I would threaten him with either the trade or benching next season for the whole season. He is so horrible anymore that when he was out, the various options we used at 3B hit BETTER than A-Rod. If he refuses, I would convert Nunez to 3B and sit A-Rod and use him as a pinch hitter until he breaks and either accepts a trade or retires.

I don't think Cashman needs to go as some fans are screaming for. Yes, the A-Rod contract is horrendous, but I wonder how much that had to do with upper management wanting to feed off bringing the homerun record back to the Yankees. Most of the other trades or signings Cashman has done have worked out great. He has also signed the best group of backup veterans that you could ask for; better so than other teams.

For next year, we need a few more things - get rid of A-Rod and put Nunez at 3B, let Swisher go (even though he is one of my favorites), re-sign Ichiro for 1 year to play RF, re-sign Kuroda for 1 year, get Pineda back in case Pettitte retires, get rid of Andruw Jones, re-sign Chavez and Ibanez as backups, sign Cano to a long-term deal, get Rivera back, and bring up one of our young catchers or get a better one somewhere else as Martin just can't hit. Girardi needs to reel in the superstars (read Teixeira and Granderson) to teach Granderson not to KO so much and to force Tex to hit the ball to left when they put the shift on.

ARod seems to be taking a lot of grief for his poor performance, but in reality he is not the only guy struggling. With a line-up like that--Granderson, Cano, Arod, Teixeira, Ichiro, Martin, Swisher--they should be scoring some runs (Like they did all season--2nd in the league). They hit an abysmal .188 in the playoffs, 0.157 in the ALCS.

Sure, ARod was awful, especially when considering his life's work in baseball, but Granderson and Cano actually hit WORSE than ARod in the playoffs, and Swisher wasn't much better.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

I'm not an A-rod fan by any means, but I think he's due for a resurgence next season. .285, 35 hr, 110 rbi. It would be stupid for the Yankees to try to unload him now (and he'd veto it anyway) when his value is at its lowest.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Cashman announced that A-Rod is no longer a superstar and he is willing to listen to trade offers; he is no longer off the table.

(10-22-2012, 06:17 AM)fulltritty Wrote: Cashman announced that A-Rod is no longer a superstar and he is willing to listen to trade offers; he is no longer off the table.
except arod has a no-trade clause that he repeatedly has said he will not waive, including after this postseason

yall are stuck with him

either way the deal to Miami for Bell is off since Bell was traded over the weekend.