2012 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTESTS CLOSED]

RE: 2012 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTESTS CLOSED]
Case #5, Box #12

Irving Falu Blue Refractor /250
Jamal Austin Purple Refractor /199
Zeke DeVoss Auto
John Hellweg Gold Refractor Auto /50

Grade: B
Comments: Nice colored auto finish, but wrong subject. Congratulations to natejeffries, who held on to the contest win! I’ll PM you with instructions for your shopping spree.

Case #5 Summary

Grade: C
Comments: Well, I was right when I guessed that it would be downhill from the first box of this case. It’s hard to top an orange auto, after all, and unfortunately, my lesser hits never seemed to be the right subjects. Still, I got average value overall.

Case Break Summary

Grade: B-
Comments: On another site there is a poll with well over 100 respondents, soliciting grades for this product. B and C are the two most popular responses, by far, and I agree that someplace between these grades is about where 2012 Bowman Chrome should be placed. There is some really good value to be had – the auto checklist is pretty deep, the purple non-auto refractors look nice, the prospect variations are a good idea (though executed poorly), and the rookie auto and black auto inserts are nice bonuses. I’m also looking forward to some Blue Wave packs. Add it all up and I could easily justify paying $750 for a case of this product. Of course, the prices have actually dropped a bit since release, so under $700 can be had at the moment. I might have chosen to buy some more except that I’m saving for Draft and Sterling. The A and A+ products get so much buzz that the prices go through the roof. A product like this one, someplace between a B and C, gets less attention, and might last a while as a pretty good bargain.

Well, I’m off to sort chrome. I’ll skim the best part of the break for my PC, sell extra sets and lots on a famous auction website, and send singles to a famous online consignment shop. Hope you enjoyed the break!

Nathan

[Image: case5-1.jpg]

Wow - great break. Thanks a lot!. This totally makes up for me losing my fantasy baseball auto contest. Join the contest next spring everyone!

I thought you had a great break with the orange auto and that purple auto especially.
The Rangers paid 3.5 million to sign Guzman. Campos is an exciting Yanks pitching prospect. Hellweg isn't bad either. I also like that you picked up a red refractor.

I like the style on these - what do you think as far as style?

I really haven't been following Guzman, so it's nice to hear that the Rangers think so highly of him.

I like the aesthetics for the most part. The cards seem to be cut cleanly and there's no annoying curve to them like in years past. Some people have complained about bad centering, but it didn't seem to be a big problem with mine. I also like the insert sets pretty well.

My biggest complaint this year is with the checklist coming out so late. Beckett still doesn't have an accurate checklist. This seems like a totally preventable problem. We shouldn't be using case breaks to determine what cards are available.

Guzman is batting .321 in his first year as an 18yo so he has potential I notice Beckett is not doing good with checklists. I haven't been able to find a checklist for the Leaf cut autos anywhere.
Thanks a lot for the contest and the breaks - these are real fun. I think the Chrome product is better this year.

That Rutledge orange auto is really nice looking. Any way you would be interested in trading the Dunston Jr. Red refractor? Or maybe selling?
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Thanks for the interest, but those have gone into my PC.

(10-23-2012, 08:39 AM)Haze28 Wrote: That Rutledge orange auto is really nice looking. Any way you would be interested in trading the Dunston Jr. Red refractor? Or maybe selling?

Any Skaggs, Cingrani, Ozuna refractor plus I'd be into. Also looking to trade for any blue autos on up. This thread is too long, and this website too slow to get thru everything you pulled.

Sorry if I come off like a tease, but I don't trade on this or any website. I keep the stuff I like and send the rest to a popular auction website and to a popular consignment website.

Nathan

(10-23-2012, 07:54 PM)mikecala98 Wrote: Any Skaggs, Cingrani, Ozuna refractor plus I'd be into. Also looking to trade for any blue autos on up. This thread is too long, and this website too slow to get thru everything you pulled.

What a rush you must of had opening up these. Please check me for the bauer rc's you pulled if you decide to move.
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

Looks like ALOT of fun congrats on all
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK