2012 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTESTS CLOSED]

RE: 2012 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTEST #1 OPEN]
Box 7 pack 6 96 pitches
[Image: YhZT2.png]

DO NOT TRADE: Richard Albers

RE: 2012 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTEST #1 OPEN]
Box #2,Pack #8,76 pitches

Don't trade with list:dorkypunkrockerguy,newbieredsfan

RE: 2012 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTEST #1 CLOSED -- CHECK BACK L
Box 4 pack 6 105 pitches
You're the man Nathan! Good luck!
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

RE: 2012 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTEST #1 CLOSED -- CHECK BACK L
[CONTEST #1 CLOSED -- CHECK BACK LATER FOR CONTEST #2]

No further entries accepted. I've recorded all entries. We have 39 contestants, 33 of which are on different packs. There are three dyads who each picked the same pack, but have different tie-breakers. Good luck, everyone!

The busting starts now!

Case #1, Box #1

Brian Pointer Blue Refractor /250
Billy Hamilton Auto

Grade: A.
Comments: Terrific auto, right off the top. I’m guessing this means he’s not short printed! BTW, thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I think they're helping already!

Case #1, Box #2

Rickie Weeks Blue Refractor /250
Irving Falu Purple Refractor /199
Wilin Rosario Gold Refractor /50 (pack #8)
Nick Castellanos Auto

Grade: A
Comments: Another great auto. Nice to get those two out of the way. My first gold refractor is the current contest leader, and it happened in pack #8. I think I’m pretty likely to get a lower numbered card before I’m done with the case, though.

Case #1, Box #3

Aaron Brooks Blue Refractor /250
Ricky Romero Purple Refractor /199
Ravel Santana Auto

Grade: D
Comments: I’m starting to think this is going to be a fast or famine type of product. The base is just not valuable enough to carry much weight, so you pretty much need a big hit to get back your outlay. Santana is a solid auto, but not a big hit, especially base. With both playoff games delayed, nothing to do but bust wax!

Nice auto's to start! I bought 6 hobby packs today... best hit was a rafractor. lol. Wishing you harper and darvish Big Grin
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

Case #1, Box #4

Ichiro Blue Refractor /250
Julio Concepcion Purple Refractor /199
Jose Campos Auto
Tyler Skaggs Refractor Auto /500

Grade: A-
Comments: Two really nice autos, including my first parallel auto of the break.

(10-17-2012, 07:51 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: Nice auto's to start! I bought 6 hobby packs today... best hit was a rafractor. lol. Wishing you harper and darvish Big Grin
Too bad -- were you pulling from an open hobby box in a LCS? I hope it wasn't a box from which the auto had already been extracted.

Thanks for the good wishes!
Case #1, Box #5

Jemile Weeks Blue Refractor /250
Scooter Gennett Auto
Williams Jerez Purple Refractor Auto /10 (pack #12)

Comments: Wow! I really have no clue what the market for Jerez is going to be like, so I won’t give this box an A+ grade, but this is going straight into the PC anyway. I’ll add some photos at the end of the case. Oh, and I pulled it from pack #12, and it just so happens someone predicted that pack – dlcarst you are currently the contest leader! Of course, it is possible I will pull a red refractor, a plate, or a 1/1 before the case is over, but I think dlcarst has an excellent chance of holding on for the win.

Case #1, Box #6

David Wright Blue Refractor /250
Donald Lutz Purple Refractor /199
Addison Reed Orange Refractor /25
Jonathan Singleton Auto

Comments: Lots of color, and a solid base auto. Hey, a brief announcement about the contest rules, considering the Tigers game has been postponed: if Scherzer pitches tomorrow, Thursday's game will represent the tiebreak, if needed. If Scherzer does NOT pitch, the tiebreak is off.

Case #1, Box #7

Taylor Siemens Blue Refractor /250
Pablo Sandoval Purple Refractor /199
Trevor May Auto

Comments: I’m really liking the Purple /199 parallels so far. So much more attractive than the xfractors, and they fill a nice niche in the serial numbering.

Case #1, Box #8

Jordan Danks Blue Refractor /250
Michael Antonio Gold Refractor /50
Felix Sterling Auto

Comments: I think most boxes will look something like this.

Case #1, Box #9

David Ortiz Blue Refractor /250
Martin Prado Purple Refractor /199
Nomar Mazara Auto
Adam Conley Refractor Auto /500

Grade: D-
Comments: Two autos, but not much value.

Case #1, Box #10

Matt Dean Blue Refractor /250
Matthew Summers Purple Refractor /199
Tyler Austin Auto

Grade: B
Comments: Nice auto. I need to take a break to prepare my shipment of wrappers for the redemption promotion.

I will wish you the best of luck pulling Superfractors and red refractors in your other cases!
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

(10-17-2012, 09:53 PM)dlcarst Wrote: I will wish you the best of luck pulling Superfractors and red refractors in your other cases!
LOL, nicely done. And all the orange and gold refractors I want in the last couple boxes, right?
Case #1, Box #11

Jose Bautista Blue Refractor /250
Daniel Bard Purple Refractor /199
Zeke DeVoss Auto
Andrew Chafin Blue Refractor Auto /150

Comments: Terrific blue auto. That’s my fourth two-auto box, so the last box should have just one auto. It appears that all the two-auto boxes include a parallel auto. So probably no superfractor auto in the last box. Good luck, dlcarst.

I'd like to see one of those Legends in the Making autos, or even better, a Black auto. I pulled one out of regular Bowman, gorgeous cards those are.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!