`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OT: Ebay Ethics.

RE: OT: Ebay Ethics.
I generally give them a week, if they don't pay I then message them and see if things are alright and see if they intend to pay, they usually don't answer so then I file the unpaid case or delete transaction and things get resolved, but definitely contact them before going ahead and re-listing.

I can't stand people who don't pay immediately. I just sold a card a few days ago and they buyer still hasn't paid. Here's hoping I don't have to open a claim!

Does anyone know the official rules on eBay about these type of issues???
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I have only bought items on eBay so far, but as a buyer, I agree with those that said you should have sent a message before re-listing it. Personally, I always pay within 36 hours and usually MUCH less time than that.
You should have been in contact with the winning bidder before re-listing it. I would have contacted the winning bidder about 3 days after the auction ended to see what was going on with payment. I would not have re-listed it until I heard from the original winner, UNLESS there was no reply after about 5 days after sending a message. At that point, re-listing is a no-brainer, as long as you filed a non-payment report first.

Live and learn!
That's a major reason I haven't attempted to sell anything online yet. I just keep checking out threads like this to give me ideas on what to do in ANY situation. I really hope it works out well for you!

(10-15-2012, 07:43 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: So, I sold a plate on ebay and the buyer hadn't paid in a week so I put it back up and it sold immediately. The first seller then messaged me sating he could pay in a day or so. I informed him that I sold it to someone else and now he's upset. Well, he did not inform me that he was out of town and could not pay. Am I the bad guy here?
here is some helpful advice.

A buyer has 4 days in which to pay (not 7), after 4 days, send them an email requesting immediate payment, if no response, open a case with ebay, that way if the buyer still does not pay, you will receive all of your listing fees back, and could possible get a free "insertion fee" when you relist the item.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(10-16-2012, 01:09 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Does anyone know the official rules on eBay about these type of issues???
I linked to ebay's official policy in my post above.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(10-16-2012, 04:23 PM)all day baby Wrote: I linked to ebay's official policy in my post above.
Thanks ADB! I only read the OPs post so I never saw yours.

I admit I always thought it was 7 days lol. In all seriousness 99.9% of all sellers Ive ever bought from had no problem waiting 7 days or even 10 days for payment as I always asked before winning an auction. Sellers want to sell and buyers want to buy. If an agreement is worked out BEFORE the auction is over both parties involved are happy.

I would put 70% of the blame on the buyer here and 30% of the blame on the seller.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341