`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Need Some Advice On Handling This Ebay Issue

Need Some Advice On Handling This Ebay Issue
Almost 2 weeks ago I had a Priority Mail Box waiting for me so I ripped it open and there were 2 football retail boxes I never ordered in there. There was no packing slip, I ripped the front of the box so the address is torn and couldn't read the handwriting anyway. I checked the tracking number and it came from NY state. Thinking it was a mistake I waited about 10 days. I never heard anything so I opened them figuring I would trade them for baseball. I never got a 2012 Triple Threads Cole Hamels I ordered so I contacted the seller who was listed as being from CA and the tracking number they gave me was the same as the boxes DC# but the boxes were shipped from NY not CA. I realized this morning this person sent me the wrong items and I had 2 of his boxes meant for someone else but they are already opened. There is no way in hell I am paying for the boxes because I couldn't care less about football and I thought I waited long enough for someone to contact me. What is the best way to handle this without paying for the boxes? Any opinions will be appreciated. Sorry to be so long winded on this

RE: Need Some Advice On Handling This Ebay Issue
Well it sounds like you already know what you are going to do with this situation. However, if I recieved a box and it was not what I had ordered, I would not have opened the cards. Who sends somebody two boxes of cards for no reason? Common sense tells you it is a mistake and I think the right thing to do would have been to make an attempt to find out who sent these before tearing into them. I guess if you expect to receive the Hamels card you actually ordered, you need to pay for the boxes of cards that you opened knowing they were not meant for you. Just my opinion.

I hate to sound like the bad guy, but if you have no interest in football, why open the boxes at all until you figured out exactly where they came from? I doubt you'll ever see the card you bought. Whoever got that card will probably keep it. You should probably talk to paypal. The only person that will get screwed will be the seller. I'm sure you will get a refund. It was the seller's mistake after all. You will probably just have to send him back the opened boxes...
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

Why would you open the boxes without contacting your seller first to see if there was a mix up. Shady business in my opinion.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(10-16-2012, 09:52 AM)dkotart Wrote: Well it sounds like you already know what you are going to do with this situation. However, if I recieved a box and it was not what I had ordered, I would not have opened the cards. Who sends somebody two boxes of cards for no reason? Common sense tells you it is a mistake and I think the right thing to do would have been to make an attempt to find out who sent these before tearing into them. I guess if you expect to receive the Hamels card you actually ordered, you need to pay for the boxes of cards that you opened knowing they were not meant for you. Just my opinion.
Like i stated I did make an attempt to see where it came from. If the scan had said CA like the seller of the Hamels card I would have known right away. If they had included a packing slip I would have known right away. I also waited 10 days to hear anything so please dont make it sound like I just didn't make an attempt. I don't appreciate what you are implying. What i meant by what would be the best and most reasonable option. Just drop it altogether? Send the guy every card that came out of those boxes? Still ask him for the Hamels and maybe send something to help offset the loss of his boxes? Should have been more specific.
(10-16-2012, 10:45 AM)Krangry Wrote: Why would you open the boxes without contacting your seller first to see if there was a mix up. Shady business in my opinion.
How did I know it was the same seller? The card I bought was out of California and the tracking on the boxes said New York? Shady this

(10-16-2012, 10:51 AM)phillies816 Wrote: Like i stated I did make an attempt to see where it came from. If the scan had said CA like the seller of the Hamels card I would have known right away. If they had included a packing slip I would have known right away. I also waited 10 days to hear anything so please dont make it sound like I just didn't make an attempt. I don't appreciate what you are implying. What i meant by what would be the best and most reasonable option. Just drop it altogether? Send the guy every card that came out of those boxes? Still ask him for the Hamels and maybe send something to help offset the loss of his boxes? Should have been more specific.

How did I know it was the same seller? The card I bought was out of California and the tracking on the boxes said New York? Shady this
Assuming you dont have 100s of items coming in from e-bay, and are able to use common sense, you should think to contact the seller(s) that are supposed to be sending you something and ask if there was a mixup, not necessarily wait for them to contact you. Then you open the cards? i just dont get the logic. Why would you open the cards knowing that you didnt buy them.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

The fact that you opened the boxes knowing that they were not meant for you negates any justification. Two weeks really isn't that long either.

I agree with everyone else, you knew they weren't yours, and wait only 10 days. What were you expecting, asking a question like that? a pat on back?....common sense says you were in wrong from get go, and you knew it. you were just trying to see if anyone would tell you otherwise.
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

I have personally made that mistake, sending the wrong items to two people. Mistakes happen in the confusions of sales and packaging. My items were not replaceable with out a big investment on my part. I would have lost hundreds of dollars if ether one of the buyers didn't do the right thing and send the items back after my narrowing down my mistake. They both understood my grievance error. They both were very understanding about the late delivery of the correct items. It cost me a little bit of money to get things straight but it was the right thing to do. In your case the football buyer didn't get what he purchased, you didn't get what you purchased and the seller needs to make it right. Suppose the Hammels was a 1/1 or the last color for your rainbow and was graded 10 with a 10 auto via BGS and the buyer who purchased the football cards got it. What if his thought was/is the same as yours, a freebie because he didn't order it, so he keeps it or busts it out of its graded case damaging it in the process. Who should take the monetary loss. That seller now has to purchase two more boxes of football, killing any profit he stood to make. He also needs to locate, reship or replace your item. He is in a very expensive mess. That's where doing the right thing and having understanding comes in. Minimally you should SECURELY repackage his football cards and return-AT YOUR EXPENSE the cards back to him, WITH a letter of apology explaining your side along with an e-mail advising him that his cards are on their way. Always do the right thing because what happened to him could happen to you.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

(10-16-2012, 12:51 PM)ca4n6chuck Wrote: I agree with everyone else, you knew they weren't yours, and wait only 10 days. What were you expecting, asking a question like that? a pat on back?....common sense says you were in wrong from get go, and you knew it. you were just trying to see if anyone would tell you otherwise.
CONGRATULATIONS!! I noticed that you won something in the drawing!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!