`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for set storage opinions
10-16-2012, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2012 07:41 AM by mjmj1966.)
Looking for set storage opinions
Right now I'm using albums which are starting to take up a lot of room and I'm also having a problem with the bottom of the pages bending a bit from standing them up. I'm thinking about taking the cards out, penny sleeving each one, and putting them either into a 5000 ct monster box or into a 3 row shoe box. My thinking is that I can store multiple sets in 1 box which would help with my lack of room issue. I also thought about about using the set card boxes but most early sets are 600+ cards and if I penny sleeve each card they won't fit into 1 box even the 800 ct. Not penny sleeving each card is not an option for me. If anyone uses the monster box or 3 row shoe box could you please let me know how its working for you. I don't want to make a mistake, end up with bent corners, and ruin my sets. Any other ideas or opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Collecting vintage Phila A's and past, present, and future Phillies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2012, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2012 08:46 AM by acevanquish.)
RE: Looking for set storage opinions
While this doesn't answer the question about boxes, this thread has some tips on binders that you might find useful, especially the last pages 4 and 5. Someone mentioned binders that have a zipper to help hold everything together and triangle spacers to keep the pages safe. I was looking for something specific, someone mentioned a brand or something that I thought was in this thread but I didn't see it. The binders sit on a big rotating lazy susan type thing and has a notch for the binder edge to go into keeping the pages straight instead of sagging. I'll keep looking and update if I find it again. It looked like something marketed more for a Dr. office.
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-150...age-1.html

Upd: Search rotating binder carousel. Look for ones that have a bump in each slot to support the pages instead of the flat ones that allow sag.

[Image: badtime.jpg]
10-16-2012, 09:09 AM
I was storing all of my sets in big boxes but after thinking about it for a while I decided to go to binders for the simple fact that it's much easier to look at them. I actually penny sleeved and top loaded my whole 2012 Heritage master set and I'm starting to regret doing that lol.

[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]
10-21-2012, 03:55 PM
I use binders and lay them down to keep from bending.

[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!