`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for set storage opinions

Looking for set storage opinions
Right now I'm using albums which are starting to take up a lot of room and I'm also having a problem with the bottom of the pages bending a bit from standing them up. I'm thinking about taking the cards out, penny sleeving each one, and putting them either into a 5000 ct monster box or into a 3 row shoe box. My thinking is that I can store multiple sets in 1 box which would help with my lack of room issue. I also thought about about using the set card boxes but most early sets are 600+ cards and if I penny sleeve each card they won't fit into 1 box even the 800 ct. Not penny sleeving each card is not an option for me. If anyone uses the monster box or 3 row shoe box could you please let me know how its working for you. I don't want to make a mistake, end up with bent corners, and ruin my sets. Any other ideas or opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Mike
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

RE: Looking for set storage opinions
While this doesn't answer the question about boxes, this thread has some tips on binders that you might find useful, especially the last pages 4 and 5. Someone mentioned binders that have a zipper to help hold everything together and triangle spacers to keep the pages safe. I was looking for something specific, someone mentioned a brand or something that I thought was in this thread but I didn't see it. The binders sit on a big rotating lazy susan type thing and has a notch for the binder edge to go into keeping the pages straight instead of sagging. I'll keep looking and update if I find it again. It looked like something marketed more for a Dr. office.
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-150...age-1.html

Upd: Search rotating binder carousel. Look for ones that have a bump in each slot to support the pages instead of the flat ones that allow sag.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

I was storing all of my sets in big boxes but after thinking about it for a while I decided to go to binders for the simple fact that it's much easier to look at them. I actually penny sleeved and top loaded my whole 2012 Heritage master set and I'm starting to regret doing that lol.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I use binders and lay them down to keep from bending.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!