`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I being too sensitive?

Am I being too sensitive?
Picked this and another Kepler up online for my PC. It was described as NM. I paid NM/Mint BV and overpaid slightly for shipping (on both cards, which arrived from the same seller in PWE). My question for all of you is this: would you consider this NM? And if not, should I ask for a partial refund or just send it back? There's plenty of these out there for the same or better prices ... maybe this actually is NM and I've been underestimating my collection all along.

[Image: 2012-10-16004446_zpsee4834df.jpg]

[Image: 2012-10-16004505_zps464c3413.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Am I being too sensitive?
In cases like these, where there's obvious chipping, I always compare them to other cards from the set (if you have any).

If there's a comparable amount, you can assume the card is close to pack condition ... for example, 2012-13 Prestige basketball, the corners may appear razor sharp on the front but they're almost all chipped on the top back corners.

If not, and you're not happy with it, send it back.

Thanks for the advice ... anybody have any Tristar Pursuit or at least any experience with them? This is my first card from the set.
Kepler

(10-16-2012, 01:03 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Thanks for the advice ... anybody have any Tristar Pursuit or at least any experience with them? This is my first card from the set.
I personally don't, but someone will throw a comp scan up, guaranteed.

That's what I'm hoping for ... if this is what they look like it's the nature of the beast and I'm cool with it. But since I'm just starting my Kepler PC, I'd like them all to be as nice as possible.
Kepler

[Image: yjy_zps63ffdec6.jpg]

Most I've gotten have some whiting on them but that one is pretty bad.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Well, if some whiting is normal, maybe I'll let the guy slide, since it would cost me more to send it back (since it requires a DC#) then it cost to get it in the first place ... I'll just have to keep my eyes out for another one.
Also, yours is way prettier than mine is ... stupid autographs making me want to spend money I don't have right now. haha
Kepler

This hobby has gone to hell in only a couple of years. That is a TriStar card, but you can't even expect anything better from a Topps product nowadays. The chipping is pretty bad, BUT you could buy a high-end box of a Topps product and get the same thing.
The thicker the card, the worse the chipping seems. It is truly in the collectors' eyes now.
Personally, I'd be upset but also I know that I am unlikely to get a better version. I am just unhappy with the quality of all MLB cards now (even if it's TriStar minor league cards)!
JMO, so PLZ don't rant against my opinion, folks.

The card seems pretty beat up but if your happy with it keep it.
On the other hand, the PWE thing simply irritates the heck out of me.
Check one of my recent "threads" for a good example of card packaging etiquette for your future trades or sales.

(10-16-2012, 02:29 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: This hobby has gone to hell in only a couple of years. That is a TriStar card, but you can't even expect anything better from a Topps product nowadays. The chipping is pretty bad, BUT you could buy a high-end box of a Topps product and get the same thing.
The thicker the card, the worse the chipping seems. It is truly in the collectors' eyes now.
Personally, I'd be upset but also I know that I am unlikely to get a better version. I am just unhappy with the quality of all MLB cards now (even if it's TriStar minor league cards)!
JMO, so PLZ don't rant against my opinion, folks.
I agree. Look at bowman platinum this year, a lot of those have chipping on the back

Also keep it since it would be more to send it back but I would have noted the chipping somewhere. Perhaps don't leave as great of feedback? Still positive but no 5 star
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!