`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
"Last 13 Packs Rule" Means Greatest Retail Basketball Pull - EVER?

"Last 13 Packs Rule" Means Greatest Retail Basketball Pull - EVER?
OK, so I was looking for an Anthony Davis Prestige RC.

I was in my local Target today and saw an open box of Prestige ... with 13 of the 24 packs left.

They were upside down, sideways, obviously shuffled through — maybe even pack searched for the jersey cards, who knows? — and my instinct was telling me to stay away.

Still, when have I ever been smart enough to listen to my gut?

Ninth pack ...

[Image: Unibrow1.jpg]

Score! Got what I was looking for. Thanks for reading.

Oh, wait a minute. I think I forgot one ...

Eighth pack ...

[Image: Unibrow2.jpg]

BLAMMO!

Yes, out of 13 random most likely pack-searched packs.

Eat it, pack searchers!

RE: "Last 13 Packs Rule" Means Greatest Retail Basketball Pull - EVER?
Awesome bro! Congrats!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

(10-15-2012, 10:56 PM)demondukk Wrote: Awesome bro! Congrats!
Thank you, I'm still in shock ... easily the best basketball card I've ever pulled from retail. I pulled an MJ jersey out of 2006-07 UD basketball once, but that's still not even close.

Especially since it was a very unattractive looking group of packs left in the box.

Oh well, never judge a pack of cards by its wrapper, I guess. LOL

Wow, major congrats.! You got what you wanted and then more than you could've dreamed for. One time when it payed off for not listening to your gut instincts, haha!
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

Nice card but I think I like my Kobe Bryant auto to /25. out of a 2009/10 Rookies and Stars blaster.

(10-16-2012, 12:08 AM)vgqv Wrote: Wow, major congrats.! You got what you wanted and then more than you could've dreamed for. One time when it payed off for not listening to your gut instincts, haha!
Thanks very much, yeah, it was crazy ... I actually pulled the auto first and then the base RC in the next pack. Was delirious at that point.

I also pulled the All-Star cards of Chris Paul and Blake Griffin ... they're really nice, high-gloss, I was stoked with the whole bust.
(10-16-2012, 12:30 AM)chrisjoy Wrote: Nice card but I think I like my Kobe Bryant auto to /25. out of a 2009/10 Rookies and Stars blaster.
Well, that's why I put a question mark next to it. LOL

Scan or it didn't happen, buddy. You know the rules. Unibrow says bring it!

Congrats... I like how they changed the background design compared to the non-auto & the auto card... makes it more interesting, than having the same card...

I never buy retail, especially from retail outlets (walmart, walgreens, traget.. ect)... most places in San Diego do not have much basketball or none at all... & when they do, they've been dropped (box has damage), opened & searched, packs stolen.. ect... the Navy Exchange (NEX) stopped selling sports cards.. they used to have blaster packs, but haven't seen them since 2007/8...

Think the last time I was able to get good pulls from retail was when my local Thrifty's & Longs Drugs stores carried packs in the early 90's... most were cello packs.. which people sometimes called jumbos..

I am looking for 90's Cello packs.. any product...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Yeah, funny thing is, I almost didn't stop in at Target ... but then I remembered we needed batteries for the video games, so I guess while I was there ... LOL

Those Prestige packs must be upsetting for pack searchers. The thicker packs either have the card board piece or a jersey card. In this product though the money is in the autos, not the jersey cards. I think that this story is great and congrats on the hits.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

way to go! that is impressive.