`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you buy?

What would you buy?
I am selling a good chunk of my collection off to try and fund a high end case purchase. My goal is to get between $1500 and $1800. I am thinking about a half case of Triple Threads, 2010 Topps Sterling, or two cases of Allen & Ginter(my favorite set but I don't know if I really want 24 boxes of the stuff). If you had that money for cards only what would you buy? And saying just buying individual cards doesn't count, I am looking for the fun of busting my first case.

RE: What would you buy?
I've never bought more than a few boxes at a time, but I'd probably shoot for 1/2 case+ of either Tribute or Triple Threads. I like Ginter, but I agree that 2 cases would be way too much. (-You might get a few rip cards and a decent auto or 3, then a few thousand base cards). Not sure what your collecting preference is, but if I were to spend $1800, I'd probably aim for about 50-100 singles for one of my PCs. From an "investment" end (and I use the term loosely), I wonder whether you might do ok by buying a case of 2011 Bowman Chrome. Tons of hot prospects, plus you'd have some money to burn. I'd be curious what other guys have to say...
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(10-15-2012, 10:08 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I've never bought more than a few boxes at a time, but I'd probably shoot for 1/2 case+ of either Tribute or Triple Threads. I like Ginter, but I agree that 2 cases would be way too much. (-You might get a few rip cards and a decent auto or 3, then a few thousand base cards). Not sure what your collecting preference is, but if I were to spend $1800, I'd probably aim for about 50-100 singles for one of my PCs. From an "investment" end (and I use the term loosely), I wonder whether you might do ok by buying a case of 2011 Bowman Chrome. Tons of hot prospects, plus you'd have some money to burn. I'd be curious what other guys have to say...
I am mainly going for Hall of Famers and future HOFers. I wouldn't be upset with a Strasburg too but for me its all about the older players and booklet cards.

Just use the $ to buy the cards that you want.
If you are dumping part of your collection to do so it only makes sense to "upgrade".
Only buy packs for the need to bust when you have spare cash.

(10-15-2012, 10:10 PM)dallas_collecter84 Wrote: I am mainly going for Hall of Famers and future HOFers. I wouldn't be upset with a Strasburg too but for me its all about the older players and booklet cards.
Sounds like TTT might be your best bet then. Although I like the look of Tribute for the most part (and they sell fairly well), I think that TTT has some "wow factor" cards if you're looking to take a gamble. Even then, you'll probably find a nice mix of HOFers and current stars.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Go with TTT or Tribute, and if you like Ginter, then one case, not two.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Sometimes A&G has some odd surprises to use as trade bait.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

As much as I looooove ripping packs and I really really wanted to break my first case or high end product this year. I resisted temptation and bought singles. I mostly stuck with Tribute which landed me a a great mix of auto's and mem. cards. Almost a full monster box worth.
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

for HOF i think Museum collection and Tribute
Montreal Expos collector
[Image: 756572118668large.png]

TTT hands down. This year they have a lot of nice looking cards and great players.
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331