(Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
trade filter recommendations and thoughts
10-14-2012, 06:41 AM
trade filter recommendations and thoughts
Hi Beckett,

I have been trading on here for many years and overall I enjoy the experience and "safety" of the site. Only 1 or 2 times have I been duped in hundreds of trades over the years.

With that said, there are a bunch of recommendations I have and wanted to post them here so others can comment or maybe I can get feedback from your mods if these suggestions could be implemented.

To me time is a premium, the faster I can find a trading partner the better. Then I can get down to the fun of negotiation with them about a deal. Here a some ideas I had to quicken that experience.

1) Add more search criteria or info on the Have/Want list such as
-Last time logged in (I hate starting a trade with someone who hasn't logged in in a year)
-Feedback score (If the person has bad feedback I would like to know up front before even trying to enter the trade).
- Cards in Org. (There are several people that always show up as wanting my cards but they never have anything in their org. How can I set up a trade like that?)
These items could be added as a mouse-over list on the Haves/Wants screen to help the user select whom to initiate a trade with.

2) Once a partner has been selected, some filter options I would love to see
- Any cards on the other persons "Want" list should be filtered to the top automatically
- If for example I am trading for a Crosby YG, when I select a trader that has it, and initiate a trade, the Crosby YG should already preload to their side of the trade.
- Can we filter by $ value. Ie 0-$50 BV, $50 - $100,etc.... When I get a trade request, if I cannot find a card I need the next thing I do is look for a similar dollar card for the trade. This would really really help me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Trevor

I collect Hockey and Basketball.
Tavares, Stamkos, Wendel Clark.
Also, I am always interested in autos from Gretzky, Lemieux, Roy, Brodeur, Orr, Howe.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 03:21 PM by scotts shoebox.)
RE: trade filter recommendations and thoughts
These are good points, especially #2. I've emailed customer service several times about that and also sent a couple typed up letters about that and some other things. But I've never gotten a response to anything. I have seen a couple people post here saying that with the new site, it's not possible to have it like the old site in regards to arranging your wants to the top automatically. That's all I've ever heard about it. I would suggest emailing that exact message to customer service and if you don't hear back, maybe just keep sending it and bugging them enough that you get some sort of response. My letters to them expressed my disappointment with some of the missing features like that and matchmaker and told them I would not be renewing my subscriptions to the football magazine plus the baseball and football OPG until some of these features are implemented. Especially considering the 50% raise in OPG they made after the new site went up. So, who knows if anything will happen.

Football Set Builder.
Topps Chrome, Upper Deck, Ultra and Score.
10-16-2012, 09:08 PM
RE: trade filter recommendations and thoughts
I really wish that people who haven't logged on in the last year would not show up as someone wanting a card you have for trade. Trading is the best part of this site but it drives me crazy wasting my time trying to find someone that currently wants to trade for my card. I see the same 10 people who want almost every card and they haven't logged in for a year or more.

Photobucket